Dione Interlaced DV has contrast flashes every other frame

I’m not totally sure how to explain this issue so I’ve provided a link below to watch:
https://sca.cimediacloud.com/r/dGmxUauCZM3p

I have repeated a portion of the video played at slower and slower speeds. As you can see, around very bright areas, there’s shadows/highlights on the top-right and bottom-left of the object, and the shadow/highlight switches places every other frame. I assume this comes from a misunderstanding of the brightness info in the interlaced fields in the original video. I have tested this with a bunch of different footage from MiniDV cameras and get this issue every time. Is there a way to avoid this problem?

1 Like

I have the same flashes, trying to deinterlace old videos …

yes me too, it is a bug which reappeared some time ago, it had been fixed on another version, but it reappeared

Are you talking about another version of this Dione method, or another version of VEAI? If so, I’d like to know what version didn’t have the problem.

Another version of VEAI. 2.4.0 maybe ? Not remember :frowning:

I haven’t tried recently, but had this flashing issue with an older version. If it’s happening again, I want it fixed. I will use Dione for project soon…

helo! bye bye dione, i use QTGMC! it’s best! :slight_smile:

I don’t see that in the list. Are you suggesting something that isn’t in VEAI? I would love if you could elaborate on your process.

hi, it is a tool to deinterlace videos, which can be found in software like stxrip, hybrid etc. personally, I use hybrid, and it’s free, try if you have interlaced sequences, even the dehao filters are well managed than the one from veai :slight_smile: