Denoise AI problem with TIFF files

I’m finding that Denoise AI can’t input either 8 or 16 bit TIFF files produced by Topaz Studio that have ZIP compression, and whilst Denoise AI offers the option of TIFF output using ZIP compression, the output files produced with this format don’t contain a valid image.

Both of the above are unfixed issue with Sharpen AI as well.

I have asked for a check/status on these, will get back to you when I have an answer.

Thanks Don

I’ve passed this onto Josh and we’ll see about resolving it as soon as we can. Thanks for the tip!

2 Likes

With the latest updates (May 2019), Gigapixel AI, Sharpen AI and Denoise AI all can now output ZIP compressed TIF/TIFF files which is certainly a step forward.

Gigapixel AI and Sharpen AI can be set to output 8 or 16 bit versions, but sadly Denoise AI has a bug that prevents the selection of 8 bit, so it can only output ZIP compressed TIF/TIFF files as 16 bit.

One tends to consider these AI programs as somewhat of a family, but at the moment it seems to be a family with communication problems. Gigapixel AI can input its own ZIP compressed TIF/TIFF output files, and also those produced by Sharpen AI and Denoise AI.

Sharpen AI however can’t input ZIP compressed TIF/TIFF files produced either by itself, or by Gigapixel AI or Denoise AI, and similarly Denoise AI can’t input ZIP compressed TIF/TIFF files produced by itself or by Gigapixel AI or Sharpen AI.

Fortunately they can be opened in Studio.