DeNoise AI potentially not playing nicely with Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling with multiple monitors?

I’ve noticed a strange peculiarity with DeNoise AI especially after it got the update where GPU acceleration with NVIDIA graphics cards has been optimized. My system currently runs an RTX 2070S combined with a R7 3700X CPU with 32GB of DDR4-3200C16.

When DeNoise is being used to either process or even render the preview, whilst a YouTube video is playing on another monitor, the entire system locks up and visibly freezes (but audio will still play and the system does still respond to a reset switch). So it doesn’t sound like a full hard-lock but a regular reset won’t be possible.

As far as I know, when Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling first rolled out, it had issues where the mere act of playing a YouTube video on another monitor would degrade gaming performance on the other monitor, but this has been fixed as of late. Currently running the latest drivers as shown below.

Application & Version: Topaz DeNoise AI Version 2.3.0

Operating System: Windows 10 Version 2004

Graphics Hardware: GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 456.38

CPU RAM: 32686 MB

Video RAM: 8192 MB

Preview Limit: 8000 Pixels

NVIDIA 456.55 just came out today. So far, so good for compatibility with Topaz products, but I’ve not been seeing the issues you’re having.

Yeah, that was just a bit odd to me. No other program is affected by this odd phenomena, at least to my knowledge.

No peculiarities in the Event Viewer as well. Only happens when something else is using a significant bit of the GPU alongside Topaz, notably very high-res media or something similar.

I have the same issue with ai-clear in topaz studio - with youtube on 2nd monitor as your experienced
BSOD’s with DPC watchdog error.

pretty much now just leave the PC alone when batch processing