Denoise AI causes BSOD

I just downloaded a registered version of DeNoise A1 this morning. Installed it and loaded a Nikon RAW image. Initially - the software processed the image - I accepted the default settings - and output the file to a DNG image. It all appeared to work OK however, the DNG image appeared much darker than the original RAW file. So I then reloaded the original RAW file and tried to use the before/after preview within Denoise AI. My PC crashed immediately with a BSOD and the error message ‘Kernel Security Check Failure’. I run Windows 10 64 Bit with 16GB RAM and there is 500GB free on my hard drive. My video card is an NVidia GEForce GTX 970 with driver version 419.67. I have never before seen this error on my PC. Anyone else had this problem ??
Richard

1 Like

Rollback your nVidia Drivers and see if that cures it!

There is a good article here to read: http://techgenix.com/kernel-security-check/

Also when you say Nikon RAW, what camera was the image from?

Hello Don,

The camera is the Nikon D850. I’ve been through the checks on the Web link you kiNdly sent - but nothing shows up as a problem.

Regards,

Richard

When running it for the first time my Norton AV popped up a firewall warning with message- ‘Kernel Security Check Failure’. Had to click allow.

I have the same issues, that is processing followed by black screen. It just screams poor programming and raises red flags all over.

1 Like

How about raising a super request at the link above (Need Help?) After making sure your GPU drivers and OS are up to date.

BSODs are typically not specific as that would mean they can be recovered by the system.

I also downloaded the new Denoise. Had it registered and started to use it. Though I have not had any Blue screen issues The program has three time closed up and vanished, no message just gone. When using ORF files it does strange things when they are saved as DNG. Saving as Tif seems to be OK. When saved as DNG the image is shown in ACDC ult 2019 manage mode as a weird pinkish colour. using auto white balance fixes it. One save as a DNG looks like a 100% Gaussian blurr has been applied. Both upgrades have been applied but it still does not like ORF to DNG. I have no issues with Studio or any of the AI programs I have them all. I especially use AI clear as part of my work flow.
Using ryzen7 on MSI 370 carbon pro 16G gskill DDR4 And RX570 8GB. Windows 10. All at latest level

1 Like

Hello Don,
I’ve already raised a Support Ticket with Topaz regarding this issue. I was asked to supply my DirectX system saved report which I have done. A DirectX check on my system shows up no errors.
Regards,
Richard

1 Like

Hello Rondo249,

I don’t have Norton Antivirus installed here but use Malwarebytes Premium. I didn’t get any option to ‘click to allow’ anything when this happened just an instant BSOD and system crash.

Regards,

Richard

ClarkeB
Test by temporarily disabling your Malwarebytes Premium and see what happens. Also, if it is Malwarebytes Premium it should have a history or log to show what actions it’s performed.
You can also check Windows Event Viewer to see if any info on crash.
Lastly, could also be a recent Windows update causing it.
And of course Topaz says run the program in stand alone first before using as a plugin.

Hello Rondo249,

Well - after uninstalling and re-installing AI Denoise - I have had no further system crashes or BSOD screens. Everything works fine. So I have no idea what caused the original issues. However - whilst AI Denoise now processes Nikon NEF images OK - there is a complete change in colour in the created DNG file from the original RAW image out of the camera. I have flagged this in my ticket to Topaz Labs and they have agreed that there is an overall darkening of the original image after processing - but they are aware and are working on it. Overall - I do notice an improvement in noise reduction and sharpening in the processed DNG file. So as yet - it is still work in progress.

Thanks to everyone for all the comments on this thread. And to the team at Topaz Labs for their support and ongoing work with AI Denoise.

Regards,

Richard

1 Like