DeNoise AI artifact issue \ digital throw up

Application & Version: Topaz DeNoise AI Version 2.2.11
Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)
Graphics Hardware: GeForce RTX 2080 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 451.77 (on this version because the latest one is very unstable)
CPU RAM: 65236 MB
Video RAM: 11264 MB
Preview Limit: 7895 Pixels

I used the auto and low light mode at first and although it didn’t show up in my preview it rendered out this was once i said Apply.

I have had this happen on more then one occasion when using Denoise on B&W photo’s mostly but have seen it on others. The image was RGB 16bit. I’ve re-installed GPU drivers even though i haven’t had issues with other sensitive apps like Adobe. Yes you heard me right :slight_smile: I am on a driver that is one release old but using the latest driver 452.06 makes Premier and other Adobe products i work with just not stable enough. So unless there was a specific fix for this in the latest GPU drivers i don’t think it should matter.

Regardless i’m open for ideas or at the very least what could cause this? Thanks. Picture attached.

Try setting the processing under Preferences to CPU/OpenVINO to see if that makes a difference.

I am saw in another thread where RTX users have said installing the NVIDIA driver only file makes a difference:

1 Like

Don,

Thanks for the reply. I’ve been a long time advocate of DDU and not installing GeForce Experience etc. With that said i did come across that same thread and ended up DDUing and installing the RTX Only drivers with much success.

Hell, even Adobe is running better and not crashing like before. I would also like to add installing 452.06 was a nightmare so i ran an older version. But with the 452.06 critical driver only install everything has been running much much better and this with the dreaded 452.06 libs.

So as of now i can say resolved. Thank you

-King

2 Likes