DeNoise AI 2.3.6

My understanding of using the mask is to only sharpen where the mask is applied. That’s how it is also described. But instead deNoise AI only denoises where the mask is applied.

How is or how should the mask work?

That is how the masks work, in Sharpen AI and DeNoise AI you paint the area where you want the effect applied.

Note you can also invert the mask and adjust the areas where the effect is and is not applied.

The description in deNoise says: “selectively sharpen your image”. Which makes sense but it denoises instead!

I will bring it to @adam.mains attention for you.

1 Like

Like an idiot, I fell for the constant nag to upgrade denoise to 2.3.
What it didn’t say is that it stops running all together.
Couldn’t believe it, neither standalone nor the plugin will run now because…
it needs a library which is only in 10.13.
GRRRR.
Sorry folks, Either you could warn people before you waste 1/10th of you monthly allowance on an upgrade, the worst part is I don’t have a backup of the old installer.
here comes another 2 hour download or no denoise till I see some friends on Tuesday.

What library are you taking about?

Previous releases are in the Product Release section …

it is this thing.
Gui.framework/Versions/5/QtGui (which was built for Mac OS X 10.13)
Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/Metal.framework/Versions/A/Metal

if you have a solution for OS 10.12 I’d be very grateful

If you look at the system requirements you will need OS 10.13 for this version. You will need to revert to the previous version.

If you read the posts here you will find that the majority of issues are with Macs, not PCs. With any computer you must have a GPU/CPU capable of handling the Topaz AI products. With PCs those with Nvidia GPUs have the most issues.

1 Like

Why would MacOS “lock in” a specific version of QT, as if it’s kernel32.dll on Windows or something? There are a LOT of QT apps nowadays, and they usually have their own QT runtime files included.

Hi, I had similar type of the problem when installing Denoise AI for restricted account. I was able to mitigate that by correcting the install directory to be located under restricted user accounts home directory. It seems that Topaz installed does not handle user permissions properly.

(And before anyone says Mac works better, with older installed same issues was with Mac installed).
Link to related post.

(edit: typos fixed)

I’ve the same problem on windows, thats why i convert to Admin account before install and then revert back after.

As usual, software installation required admin power. The case I referred (with older installer) was such, that then when installed with admin account the software would run for restricted account but did nothing. It appeared that some of the registry data (in windows) were incorrectly set, and also restricted users access permissions for required files were not properly set.

I tried to install Denoise AI 2.3.0 and now 2.3.2 on my computer without success and same problem. It loads images ok but crashes as soon as i click on a control button, anyone. My PC is an I5 CPU with 16 GB of ram and GTX 1660 GPU and 6 GB of ram. Works perfectly fine with version 2.2.12. Any idea what’s the problem?

Maybe your gpu driver is not actual.

Please go to Help-> Graphics info press Copy and paste the info here.

Application & Version: Topaz DeNoise AI Version 2.2.12

Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)

Graphics Hardware: GeForce GTX 1660/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 456.38

CPU RAM: 16290 MB

Video RAM: 6144 MB

Preview Limit: 8000 Pixels

There should not be an issue with that please raise a support request at the main website.

Thank you, I will.

v2.3.2 DeNoiseAI
I use the Split-View, set the Settings to Auto and use Update to denoise an image.
Sometimes the right part of the split-view turns black at the end of the denoising process. It comes back when click on the zoom slider.
Had the same problem in 2.3.1 and I think there is a refresh missing for this window.