DeNoise AI 2.3.6

True, I was addressing the artifacts that occur when using the HiFi model. You could get the same result without the artifacts if the zero setting was actually 1 (which provides a little sharpening) then it is slightly blurred which removes the sharpening. This blurring only occurs at the zero setting. Problem solved and no artifacts. Of course Topaz will need to get rid of the pesky HiFi model and implement my solution.

just fyi, I have seen several questions on other popular software forums asking about the notification situation with respect to the new upgrade policy. They have fallen into two categories:

1. users saying just turn off the notifications if you are not updating

Erroneous, because the notifications can only be deferred…max of 2 weeks (currently) via the new dialog.

1. deferral of only 2 weeks will be inadequate and will become tedious in short order

The devs might want to consider adding a longer deferral time.

Ver 2.3 runs when called from within Lightoom Classic but if I try to run it directly with the shortcut, the UI is blank. Tried uninstalling and deleting the registry keys but still the same result.

Can’t upload images to this forum for some reason. Shows in “preview” but get error message when I hit “reply”

Has the Enhance Sharpness algorithm been made more aggressive in v2.3.0? Now finding lots of halos and over-sharpening effects on high contrast edges that were not there in earlier versions. Even with sharpening turned down to 5 or less I’m now needing to use the mask subtract function much more than the last version where I could more often than not leave the Enhance Sharpening at 15 without unpleasant over-sharpening effects being apparent.

Peter

1 Like

So far, this is an update that doesn’t seem to include enough new features to warrant paying for. It does include a host of bug fixes that shouldn’t have to be paid for. This is very disappointing. I’ve been a loyal consumer of Topaz products since the very beginning. I think the video AI product is the only one I haven’t bought. That, I’m sorry to say, might be coming to an end. I’ll decide sometime in the future.

3 Likes

I noticed in beta version, when Hi-Fi model just got dragged into that zero-sharpening-slider, that Hi-Fi did denoise things a bit differently even than non-zero-sharpened Low Light model. And surprisingly, there was no artifacting back then!
I’m interested in that Hi-Fi model, and I know it’s blurry and I want it to be like that - when I’m adding a bit of chromatic aberration to Iray-rendered EXR files with Random Control’s ArionFX plugin, I want to remove a chunk of render noise with DAI, but not destroy the chromatic aberration stuff. That’s why. :slight_smile:

Please supply information on your PC. The operating system, the amount of RAM, the GPU and vRAM.

Also the driver version for your GPU.

Thank you for posting this. I upgraded my DeNoise and then it would close unexpectedly during batch processing - sometimes after 1 image, other times, 10 images - really no rhyme or reason, it was really unstable. I went to graphic settings and changed the DeNoise exe to use the NVIDIA graphics driver. What a difference - it’s working well and batch processing is much, much faster as I use very large images. I do wish upon upgrade that the need to use a high performance graphics driver was HIGHLIGHTED in the upgrade instructions - and explain HOW to do it like you just did.

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words, I believe the developers are looking at ways to make the selection automatic in the application.

There is no issue when using the Comparison View. Then it updates the preview regularly as expected. Will use this view from now on.

Still having problems using as a plugin through Lightroom Classic. If I select more than 34 images at a time it opens multiple instances of Denoise AI, and also takes an age to convert RAWS to Tif to start with. I’m finding it’s quicker to export Tifs from Lightroom then I can batch as many as I want through Denoise in one go, even if this isn’t as convenient.

@adam.mains,

Are there any plans to use Sharpen AI as the sharpen processing engine for DeNoise AI? If I own both products, it would seem more efficient to simply use the better engine if it’s available rather than make me have to launch both separately. I primarily use both as plugins from Photoshop Elements.

1 Like

I don’t believe that is technically possible with the way things are implemented right now due to the way AI models are made. For instance the DeNoise models include some form of sharpening directly in them, but mainly focus on denoising, and vice versa for the Sharpen models. I can bring this up to the AI research team though and see what they have to say about it, since I myself am not the one making and editing these models.

Thanks Adam!

1 Like

Just got the info … version 2.3.1 is available…

The Link on the first dialog “You can view the release notes here” doesn’t work

First post in this thread will have the release notes.

Please add an option to default to low light model.

Since the default settings of 15/15 are completely random, I asked during the last round of beta testing for the ability to set one’s own settings to Auto, or whatever. At the very least, it would be helpful if DeNoise opened each time having remembered the settings from one’s previous usage.

3 Likes

This will most likely make it into Sharpen first, then go back to DeNoise. Currently it’s still something we want to do.

After installing 2.3.1 my Problem solved