DeNoise AI 2.3.6

It’s your upgrade plan that has run out, not 2.2.9 which will continue to work just fine (though the last version before 2.3.0 was 2.2.12).

Really? I’m really angry. You bring a new update and the license from 2.2 is no longer valid and I have to pay the price for a new product ($59)? I mean the last 20 or so updates were all bug fixes to bugs introduced with bug fixes. I wished there was some updates for better results. At least I felt like doing beta testing, and now I should buy the whole price? I hope the artifacts and color changes are now gone when you are so keen to grab again our money!

3 Likes

I got $59 when clicking renew on DeNoise splash screen!

Topaz changed the license model to a subscription model where you have to pay per year. I was NOT notified that the license model will be a subscription based one. I hate that!

1 Like

You need to locate the Photo Upgrade plan on your products page.

You own 2.2 so your licence for it is still valid. It’s not a subscription - you don’t have to upgrade. The new system was announced on here back in February:

1 Like

I just did and suddenly all of software licenses are expired since Aug. 31st! I don’t like that at least when I think of the quality of the products. One update after the other and only fixing bugs and fixing behavior with your other products. There was not one session that ran smoothly. I hoped at least for an update to get better results without color casts, artefacts or hot pixel in the shadows. If you promise that beta testing is over and all of these issues are fixed I may think of renewal.

1 Like

None of the licences is expired - you own them and they will continue to work. It’s the upgrade plan which has expired.

2 Likes

That’s right. But as I mentioned, still buggy. I would have expected that you left a working software without issues. I can still address four major issues with 2.2.

1 Like

This is a user to user forum, so if you have issues I suggest you raise a support request on the main Topaz website.

Have updated to this new version and this version seems to work (can make settings and it is updating the preview) - but it has no real effect in noise reduction compared (the pricture only gets a bit brighter) to the previous versions which worked perfectly (even with noise reduction set below 10). Has anyone an idea what could have happened?

Sorry for spamming: the disfunction seems to be a preview issue which does not shown any effects on the original file. If I apply the noise reduction and return the image to PS then the noise reduction has worked.

Are there any major bugs with this version or regression in denoising quality? I’d like to know before I pay for the update. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Agree with r.sol’s comment below: Previews do not show any change in noise or sharpness, making the product look useless. Changes only appear if you click Apply and wait, but since you can’t fine tune the settings through previews, it’s a crap shoot.

1 Like

Edit: r.son’s comment above.

I found this too.
A bit disappointing to find I had to pay for a new subscription to get a new version with an error that all the free upgrades never had :frowning:

1 Like

Split screen doesnt work for me, its incredibly jumpy moving the white bar left/right and doesnt land where i want it to at all.

Also the single view doesnt work after I first click the image to view the original. It seems to get stuck in the original image then I can’t see the new preview again unless i force to re-render it.

Just an update here to keep people in the loop. At the moment we plan to release an update on Monday that will fix the more notable issues. I’m still confirming some of the fixes with support.

2 Likes

Really too bad that you did not put all the fixed to upgrade 2.2.12. That is where they belong to begin with. Moving to 2.3 and charging for items that should have been fixed in the first place is a total rip off.

While you might want to believe that people can not live without your product there are other software publishers that do major upgrades to their packages and not have a pricing structure that is as high as yours.

The good thing is the old plugin work… Paint Shop Pro is adding enough to let folks live without your updates and when you upgrade you get a real upgrade. Not some lazy programmer fixes that you want to call an upgrade.

Shame but how long before Topaz is a memory. Guess it is time to make sure I have everything owned downloaded and keys saved in the event I need to install on a new machine which will be a real upgrade and not some simple fixes to make one think it is an upgrade.

3 Likes

2.3.0 blows up every time I try to use it - Win 10 - using it stand alone or as a LRC plugin. Happens with the demo images too.
Happens when I mouse click on the “Auto” function to enable it. I uninstalled it - reinstalled it - same issue.

Is there a handy link for the previous version?