DeNoise AI 2.2.12

Yes, I have the same issue. Denoise AI 2.2.9 is crashing when I try to see the right side of the picture.

Application & Version: Topaz DeNoise AI Version 2.2.9
Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)
Graphics Hardware: Quadro RTX 4000/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 451.77
CPU RAM: 65467 MB
Video RAM: 8192 MB
Preview Limit: 8000 Pixels

PS Sharpen AI has the same issue.

Just a quick update.

DeNoise 2.2.10 and Sharpen 2.1.6 are both built, but will be released tomorrow morning. We want to be able to monitor if anything like this happens again so we don’t want to release it when we’re all asleep. Sorry for the slight delay.

Adam, Are those commercial versions or new betas?

They will be commercial. Next beta for DeNoise is planned for the 9th.

2 Likes

Another update, we have spent a lot of today testing for things in the upcoming release and found several things that needed fixing before I was comfortable with releasing. Final build is going as I write this, but we implemented a cut-off time for releases recently so we may have to again push it to tomorrow morning.

For a sneak peak, here’s the upcoming changelog at the moment. If you have any of these issues I’m hoping they are fully resolved in the next release.

• Fixed issue where dragging the navigator/preview to the right side would crash
  • Fixed an issue where Photoshop last filter settings were not saved between invocations
  • Fixed a potential crash using auto mode
  • Fixed in-app update downloads not running due to bad paths caused by usernames with non-ASCII characters
  • Fixed erroneously loading files with unsupported colorspaces
    • Mainly, Apple Wide Color Sharing Profile is explicitly not supported when coming in from Photoshop.
  • Fixed update button not enabling in certain cases when masking
  • Fixed a crash in masking
  • Fixed a case where using auto could append the wrong model suffix
  • Fixed scroll bar in the file list getting too small with large amounts of images
  • Fixed certain runtime dlls not being included
  • Changed right panel so it never hides itself
  • Updated installer framework which should hopefully resolve some online installer issues
3 Likes

I’m pleased to confirm that this is working now. Thanks.

1 Like

So far things are going well. Thanks!

Everything that was causing an issue for me is working in the new version.

Thanks.

1 Like

Why isn’t the DNG discolorization issue in the “known issues” list at the below of hotfix list?

And do not TIFF me, since I would like the option to use Denoise at the BEGINNING of editing process, just like you in Topaz are recommending.

I have the latest version and some hummingbird shots that I can’t get rid of the noise. Any ideas?

Thanks

David

Do you mind posting 1-2 for us to see what the images look like?

What mode(s) and settings have you tried?

I use Topaz DeNoise AI v2.2.11 as a plugin for Lightroom and just choose Auto. What other magic sliders shall I try?

Thanks!

David L. Crooks

2 Likes

Hi,

to me it looks like you did sharpen in LR before.

Could you show me the Image before Denoise.

The first step after I bring my photos into Lightroom is to run it through DeNoise AI.
It was taken with my Olympus OM1 Mark III at ISO 6400.

Ok,

keep in mind that you have to turn off Sharpening and Denoise in LR, because every time when you came back from any other software into LR it will sharpen.

The first image looks like sharpen two or three times before denoise.

I would work first on the image itself and when you’re ready you denoise it as the final step.

Thats how i do it.

Ok, I will try that.

Thanks!

David

Who can help me I am new user and can not start Denoise!..

What are the symptoms? I.e does nothing happen, does it start to open then stop?

How are you trying to use DeNoise, as a plug-in to a application or standalone? If standalone how are you trying to open it?

What is your OS? What GPU(s) do you have, if more than 1 GPU what is allocated to DeNoise and what is the driver version?

1 Like

And, @davidlcrooks:

Even though I don’t work in Lr (I’m a Ps person…) whenever I open raw images in Adobe Camera Raw (Ps implementation) to process them there b4 doing my ‘creative’ Ps processing I always turn all sharpening and denoising functions off in ACR (that would be roughly equivalent to your Lr processes I think). If you don’t do that, it’s true you could be double and triple sharpening and denoising. That will produce the kinds of artifacts (speckling) you’re seeing in your hummie image.

Lr may be different in how it works so take this with my Ps user proviso … After I do basic processing (with sharpening & denoising set to none) in Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) I launch my images into Ps for all other processing. The 1st thing I do there is a denoise. Then follow that with a very basic (not final output level) edge or image capture sharpening. Then I do all my creative machinations. Output sharpen. Then (most often selectively) denoise portions of the image that might need it (masking or painting on selectively). The goal of the selective denoising is to not soften and/or lose dimension all my previous steps created.

I’ll defer to Thomas if Lr is a very different animal in terms of processing. I don’t use it at all so can only speak to Ps processes…

BTW… on your sample image, was it your goal to make it heavily yellow-hue skewed? And downplay the midtones for a bleached look?