DeNoise AI 2.2.12

Very easy to adjust size by 1% at a time via keyboard arrows:

Left arrow takes % down in 1% steps
Right arrows takes % up in 1% steps

1 Like

Thank you. It doesn´t work perfect, but it works.

Each arrow press changes value by 1%. Press and hold to rapidly change value until released.

I don’t get the preview panel crash on Sharpen AI 2.1.5 and Denoise AI 2.2.9 as described, but whenever I down scale after an update I get the crash (using manual update). Only when app fully expanded as previously observed.

As an aside, I wish the Auto Mode and Auto Setting were ON by default, that would make more sense to me as a starting point.

I’m not seeing the problem with moving the preview panel to the right in either Denoise 2.2.9 or Sharpen 2.1.5 on my Windows 10 PC.

Can confirm it isn’t happening on Windows Paul.

1 Like

Here’s the log for the crash2020-08-30-07-23-17-Main.txt (80.5 KB)

Here is a short live screen capture (MP4) of DeNoise and Sharpen crashing when image is moved to the right edge of viewing pane. Download from my Box account:
DeNoise and Sharpen crash to Windows 10 desktop

Please go to Help-> Graphics info, press copy and paste the info here. I suspect it is an issue with your AMD GPU. Are your drivers up to date from the AMD website?

I use NVIDIA and integrated Intel and have no more issues.

lol,

just for interest (this can’t happen) i dropped a tiff into denoise and ……… it did crash.

Right after first compute, then move straight to the right.

Same Problem as @gewb10026

Application & Version: Topaz DeNoise AI Version 2.2.9

Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)

Graphics Hardware: Quadro P5000/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 451.77

CPU RAM: 65212 MB

Video RAM: 16384 MB

Preview Limit: 8000 Pixels

2020-08-31-16-02-0-Main.txt (82.2 KB) 2020-08-31-16-02-0-QML.txt (7.1 KB)

1 Like

Hi Thomas, yes I see it happens but only if I am right at the edge of the view panel and then enlarge the Window (any type of image)… I get this error (v2.2.9):

Unhandled exception at 0x00007FFEC3CD284E (ucrtbase.dll) in Topaz DeNoise AI.exe: Fatal program exit requested.

Seems strange …

yea, very strange, every time you hit the right side.

In both, Navigator and main Window.

1 Like

I am currently working on this issue and have a fix at the moment. I’m going to clean this up and talk to the team about releasing an update either today or tomorrow to clean up everything.

3 Likes

Thanks Adam …

Per your request:

Application & Version: Topaz DeNoise AI Version 2.2.9
Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)
Graphics Hardware: AMD Radeon ™ R9 200 Series
OpenGL Driver: 3.3.14736 Core Profile Forward-Compatible Context 20.8.1 27.20.2001.13001
CPU RAM: 16332 MB
Video RAM: 2048 MB
Preview Limit: 7134 Pixels

FYI, v2.2.7 did not have this issue.

It actually seems to be an inconsistent issue but is being addressed now and, as Adam said, we should have a fix either today or tomorrow. Probably tomorrow for me as it is nearly 10PM where I am … :grin:

Yeah, it’ll definitely be tomorrow for you. Building and releasing DeNoise and Sharpen takes several hours and I want to go over a list of issues and get as much as I can into this next patch. Unfortunately the past couple releases were rushed for authentication updates and then LR fixes, and I don’t want this one to be rushed as well.

1 Like

Sure hoping ‘last filter’ in Photoshop starts working. No pressure. Just casting my hopes, dreams, and wishes out into the bottomless void that is the internet…

I saw this message pop up literally as I was looking at that issue in my task list. I am about to start testing it right now.