DeNoise AI 2.2.12

sorry I am not at this mc right now, back tomorrow morning (ca14h from now)

It’s very funny when i read that people write they have an I5 ……… the first I5 came out in 2011 ……… I5-2500. XD

It’s like when you say “I’ve a EF camera”.

updated to 2.2.5 same issue, 2020-08-05-10-28-36-Main.txt (371.4 KB) 2020-08-05-10-28-36-QML.txt (89.8 KB) 2020-08-05-11-46-28-Main.txt (69.9 KB) 2020-08-05-11-46-28-QML.txt (3.9 KB) 2020-08-05-11-54-10-Main.txt (80.7 KB) 2020-08-05-11-54-10-QML.txt (4.5 KB) 2020-08-05-11-58-21-Main.txt (80.6 KB) 2020-08-05-11-58-21-QML.txt (3.1 KB) 2020-08-05-12-09-39-Main.txt (69.9 KB) 2020-08-05-12-09-39-QML.txt (2.6 KB)2020-08-06-12-11-7-Main.txt (69.9 KB) 2020-08-06-12-11-7-QML.txt (7.0 KB)

Hi I tried to update to 2.2.6 but it crashes with the error ‘Library not loaded: @rpath/liblcms2.2.dylib’
I am on MacOS 10.15.6.
I downgraded and 2.2.5 works fine.

This was an unfortunate mistake on my part. Our build process has recently changed, and 2.2.6 didn’t ship with any libraries. I pulled 2.2.6 for now (and Sharpen 2.1.2) and will have to fix this in the morning with another version.

Hi Adam, seems that the install problems are popping up:

Yeah, I’ve yanked the versions but anyone who got DeNoise 2.2.6 or Sharpen 2.1.2 will need to downgrade to the versions listed on the downloads page. I already have 2.2.7 and 2.1.3 uploaded (this time built correctly), but I plan on releasing them tomorrow morning so I can actually monitor them properly.

@adam.mains – 2.2.7 broke the below again. It was fixed in 2.2.4

On a different topic, awhile back I was putting together some pictures of an event for a hardcover memories book. We only had video (HD) of the indoor event at night with poor lighting. Needless to say the stills I pulled from the video were horribly noisy. Denoise did an amazing job of cleaning up the pictures -if you didn’t know you’d never guess the origin. What a tool to have available!!

When you are going to fix the DNG discolorization issue?

You recommend using the DenoiseAI at the very beginning of the editing process, yet this is impossible since the color profile gets whacked creating cyan’ish tint to images!

DNG editing is useless until you fix this. Especially the low-light would deliver best results in DNG. Also, the Canon color profiles are missing after DNG output.

Hey guys,

I use Denoise AI with Win10 as standalone application.

Since the last update most of the EXIF data is lost when processing 16bit TIFs :frowning:
I would be really happy, if You’d put that issue in the next release cycle.

Thanks a lot
Chris

I had an issue obtaining true blacks in a whole set of photos last year that I had to put through DeNoise. I raised the issue with Tech Support, and they said there are limits to what the AI can achieve, but that it’s being updated all the time with new learning.
I always edit the original RAW file in DeNoise before doing any other editing even the basic. In this case, to achieve the best results in the blacks, when working within On1 (although I assume this would work in Lightroom etc as well), I pulled down the saturation in both the cyan and magenta channels to zero.
Here’s part of the original DNG zoomed to 100%. As you can see it was shot in low light and mistakanly at a ridiculously high ISO of 12800 and at 1/1000 sec (I must have had the camera on auto ISO!) I have boosted the exposure a bit here to show the noise more clearly:

Here’s what it looked like after the basic processing. You can see the discolouration quite clearly:

And here is the final image after pulling down the colour sliders:

Maybe others with more experience of DeNoise will have better suggestions, but this worked for me.

Can we please have a link to the WIN 2.2.2 version where everything worked fine.

In the meantime I’m fed up with the mess of updates back and forth, not working properly.

Thx.

Use TIF instead.

Please raise a support request at the main website.

Instead of using DNG output from DeNoise I would recommend that you use TIF output with the Color Noise Reduction slider (in the Post processing options) set to at least 0.80 or try with the Low Light Mode on as those images are 12,800ISO.

In my case I have an A6400 and low light mode works well for high ISO.

I had indeed heard that DNG is dodgy with DeNoise (Now that I don’t use Lightroom I’ll be sticking with ARW from my Sony 6300).
However, I experimented with exporting the file from On1 as TIF and then using Low Light Mode. To me, the picture looks more muddy than my original conversion, whilst the skin tones, the ruby red wooden float and the sawdust in the cobblestones at the bottom left have not rendered anywhere near as well!
Thanks for the tip anyway.

Try opening the RAW image directly in DeNoise and save as TIFF/ProPhotoRGB using low light mode then adjust that in ON1.

I also use ON1 Photo RAW but I find I get a better result doing that.

I tried it on that and a couple of other similar photos and it does seem to do a better job with those deep blacks.
Would you also recommend this for RAW files other than DNGs? I am now working with ARW but haven’t had to invoke DeNoise AI yet in such drastic circumstances since the switch.

That’s strange, I’ll take a look.