DeNoise AI 1.2.0 is worse than version before

Getting strange artifacts version before didn’t generate.
Already open a ticket.
Anyone know how to roll back to previous version?

Marked with red the magenta artifacts previous version didn’t generate

Artifact is shown even in less noisy images :frowning:

2 Likes

The DeNoise AI model seems to be the worst:

The AI Clear model seems to be better as you can see from this screenshot:

2 Likes

I have notified the Engineers but would like you to raise a support request at the main Topaz website please.

2 Likes

@AiDon
Request 183240 has been received by Topaz Labs!
Files are uploaded too dropbox too.
Thanks for the information of the engineer.

2 Likes

Same problem here after updating to the latest version. :slightly_frowning_face: I see in_04-43582 has already submitted a bug report. Should I submit one too?

Yes please, it will show that it is a widespread issue so hopefully it will be quickly addressed.

Ticket submitted. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks all- will hold off on the update.

1 Like

Update to 1.2.1 give slight improvement on Auto setting but on 100% noise removal it’s still show very ugly lines.

Auto settings

100% for better demonstration of problem

3 Likes

I am also observing the magenta artefact issue mentioned by @in_04-43582. This is seen specifically around lines in the image

1 Like

@Nagenk could you please open a support ticket under https://help.topazlabs.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
it could help if more support ticket to this issue are open.

@ben.balmaceda

The blue/red line bug is even present in Topaz own demo picture from the home page
https://topazlabs.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/NoisyImage04.jpg

So they shouldn’t need more examples they just should fix this more than annoying bug.
Nearly every picture with horizontal lines has them more or less.

3 Likes

Yup, same issue here. It’s really bad if you’re working on something like a panning shot that has lots of straight lines.

2 Likes

Two month no update and no official answer for a real Bug!

Please Topaz gives me some news.
@ben.balmaceda
@adam.daugherty

2 Likes

Try v1.2.1 as the changelog says it substantially reduced artifacts. You can download from the main website.

Unfortunately v1.2.1 still has the horizontal colored lines/artifacts with the NoisyImage04.jpg
https://topazlabs.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Noisylmage04.jpg

Various settings of the Remove Noise slider do affect the result, but I haven’t found a setting that doesn’t leave some of the lines present.

3 Likes

Firstly answer a couple of questions please:

• Is the input RAW or a processed TIF or a JPG image?
  • What ISO was the image set at and, if not RAW, what application was used to produce the output?
  • What processing has been done on the image if not RAW?

If you can upload the image to a file sharing site like DropBox and either post the link here or send me a PM with the link and I will have a look at it for you.

AIDon,
If you are referring to my previous post, the photo is the one linked to by @in_04-43582 in a post earlier in this thread, and stated in that post to be “Topaz own demo picture from the home page”

You should be able to download it from the link (repeated) below , the same as I did.

https://topazlabs.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Noisylmage04.jpg

It is a 4256 x 2832 px jpg image. The Exif data indicates it was from a Nikon D700 camera, taken at an iso of 1600. It also indicates it has come from Adobe Photoshop RAW 10.3 (Macintosh)

I have no idea what if any previous processing has been done, other than it appears it was probably converted from RAW to jpg…

Firstly that image has a lot of artifacts and color edges (fringing):

And the best I can get is with these settings:

The result is as follows:

For this image I would go back, process the RAW and save without any adjustments, as a TIF, and then input to DeNoise. There isn’t really enough information in the image as it is only a JPG.

1 Like

AiDon,
If it were my photo, I’d probably just scrap it and not waste time on it.

That photo however has been used by Topaz on the DeNoiseAI web page, with an invitation to download it and try it as an example of how good DeNoise AI is. Maybe an earlier version may have been able to handle it better. The current version obviously has issues with it.

Rather than show off Denoise AI at its best, it is actually highlighting the problem a number of users have experienced with Denoise AI when it is used to process images with horizontal straight edges when there is a lot of noise present.

5 Likes