DeNoise 3.7.0

When I use the RAW processing of my original CR3s on DeNoise AI and safe it back as DNG/RAW I can’t select the original camera profiles as per my original RAW.
It shows me only the profiles “Color” and Monochrome". All other camera profiles are missing.
In the introduction video I got the impression after brining it back to Lightroom I can also select every camera profile as per my original RAWs after Denoise processing.
Any ideas?
Screenshot_05_01_23__14_05

Camera profiles are never saved when you create a DNG from your original RAW file. Anthony Morganti explains this in a recent YouTube video on DNAI (check it out) and offers a suggested workflow.

Regarding the pixelated boxes, you should report this to Support, with examples. Of course, they will only be able to look into it if they can replicate the issue. I am hopeful a new version of DNAI is on its way, so best to report your issues ASAP.
BTW, I am seeing the camera info correctly myself:

I only do very basic edits prior to using DNAI as per the Anthony Morganti advice I have already cited.

Thanks for your reply.
Can you please send me a link to the video you just mentioned?
In the tutorial video I’ve seen after opening the DNG in LRC they could select the right Camera Color profile again.
That’s what I can’t.

Let me see if the link will post (on some forums YT links don’t!)

Thanks for the video. Already watched that.
However, I’m referring to the RAW model workflow as described in their TopazLabs tutorial:

According to that video on Min 6:30 after syncing the folder with the DNG you should have all options and camera matching profiles as per the original CR3/RAW.
That’s not the case for me.
I can only select between Color and Monochrome profile.

I will check that put myself later when I have the time, however I don’t use LR. Morganti has promised a RAW workflow video too

Sorry I can’t help with that LR workflow as I can’t drag and drop images from On1 PR to the app, as you can with LR.
Could it be that the video is about an earlier version of DNAI?
You need to take this up with Support I guess. Maybe send them a video of what you are doing.

DxO PL 6 can process RAW and exports DNGs with profiles matching camera as normally in PS/LR. Pity Topaz cannot do that.

I have the same issue. I have complained to Topaz over a year ago and here is their response:

"Depending on the file size of the metadata file passed through our program, it may strip some of that data when the DNG is created. I suspect that’s what’s happening here. We are aware of this behavior and allow it to occur at the moment, because the alternative behavior would be inability to create the file at all. Basically, it allows the file to be written with metadata removed.

The root of this behavior is in a third-party software we incorporate and our development team is aware of it and seeking a permanent solution. Unfortunately, I don’t have one immediately. The inability to use those profiles in Lightroom is a direct result of that data not being transferable to the new file without other conflicts.

Again, we are aware that it occurs for some files, and we’re seeking a permanent resolution. It’s something we are eager to resolve."

Hello, new here. I love DeNoise AI 3.7.0 on Mac. I am no expert in Photoshop and prefer using it as standalone, not as plugin.
However, I realize that upon saving processed image (from DNG to JPG), I loose the original EXIF metadata. Was this not fixed already…?
Thanks

Sadly TIFF usually doesn’t change anything.
I got a few photos where it was worse and a few where it got better. But basically same keep ratio sadly.

Any plan to update this fantastic program for improve raw noise reduction? :grin:

Topez have promised to continue supporting GPAI, DNAI and SAI.

The former had an update not long ago and I’m sure one is in the works for the others

Which processing menu is this? I am having similar issues but the iamges have transparent rectangles!

I am using a Macbook Pro - new with lots of RAM and memory.

Hi @Lingyu as this is a public forum you should remove your email from the username as anyone can copy it.

I am just testing to see if, by posting, I can then see this thread again on the forums!

I cannot access this thread from the DeNoise page on my web browser (Safari), only by clicking a link someone sent me. No idea why and the latest thread I see is for v.3.6.0

I can access from Safari.

If you select " :no_bell: Muted" , the Topic will be hidden in the forum list.
You can change it back to Normal or Tracking, the Topic will reappear again.

The " :no_bell: Muted" button is at the bottom of the post.
2023-01-27_235154

You can click the link below to find all your Muted / Hiden posts.
https://community.topazlabs.com/latest?state=muted

1 Like