DeNoise 3.7.0

Can you provide a little more information please. For example, what message are you getting, what OS are you using and what GPU and driver version.

The Raw converter is rawtherapee, there was no issues with previous versions of Topaz Denoise.
When I try to upload a picture, it says “Sorry, you can’t embed media items in a post.”
P.S. I attached two images below after all. I played a bit with the 3.7 version and in some cases the image looks fine in he program window only when watched at 100%, any other zoom - 90 or 50 or 200%, gives the striped result or similar. And all the time when you export the noise reduced image, it is unusable.

1 Like

Hello Adam, I’ve installed the v3.7.0 in my MacBookPro M1 and it works terrible. It makes awful results. I can send you an example to check It out. Did you notices it from any other user?
Will you update soon solving this issue?
thank you very much.
Daniel.

https://photo-forum.net/i/2424327
https://photo-forum.net/i/2424326

You can check here!

1 Like

I use Capture One 22 as my main editing software and OM-1 as my camera, when I sent a file to DeNoise AI (as RAW not TIFF) works great but when I get the file back to Capture One, I am getting a Black image, I tried the same procedure with Lightroom and I get back a nice crispy image with no noise. It seems the problem is just with capture one.

@PaulM @AiDon
Yes, I am using a 1070 Ti and drivers are up to date.
What I call severe is when the Comparison View takes a total of almost 40 seconds to process the four models, and when this huge loading time / freeze is reset and starts over again when zooming or moving the image, while in previous versions, the processing of all four models was taking no more than 5 seconds depending on the zoom level.
Maybe for you this is not severe. But at this point, it is much faster with the CPU, but still not as fast as when the GPU is working properly…

If you want to discuss more about this, please do it on the Gigapixel 6.1.0 forum, and you’ll see that I’m not the only one having this issue. Someone with an RTX card is experiencing it too, so it can affect on other series too.

Using the denoise raw model in the latest release. My Raw Sony a7c and my Sony ZV-E10 photos turn a bit greenish/yellow after the noise is gone. Not sure if this is an issue with the color profile being applied after the fact or if its just a result of smoothing out and removing the noise. But my skin tones and overall image sway noticeably from the captured colors.

Also finding that the a7c raw denoise loses a lot more details after the denoise than the ZV-E10 photos.

That being said the a7c photos i’ve tried to denoise had minimal noise and not as high of an ISO compared to the ZV-E10 shots. Does the denoising perform better with heavier noise in the images?

Using an RTX 3080 with the latest gaming drivers.

Updated to 3.7 as alerted in the Denoise program. Since then it has crashed out many times. No message or error, just crashes. Tried from Lightroom and as stand-alone with same result. Finally had enough and uninstalled and went back to 3.6.1 and all issues went away! Looks like a fix update might be in order.

Thank you very much for the great update.
From 3.7, it can be processed on a single window if multiple pics (more than around 10 pics) are loaded from Lightroom. So far, such 10 or more pics from lightroom could be done with multiple window (1 window had 9 or 10 pics).
I hope this improvement can be on Sharpen AI.

Thanks!

3.7.0 is definitely faster. Comparing it against 3.6.0 with an RTX 3060TI it’s about 20 - 30% faster. Both the initial image load and export are quicker, it’s now a hair faster than DxO PureRAW 2 on my system.

Hi I’m trying to understand the file size and whether that means I am losing resolution. Previously the file sizes from Denoise or Sharpen were huge - why is that? Now the file size from denoise is 50% of the file I put into it. What is happening and how do I fix it?

What quality/compression are you using when saving? See the release notes in the first post.

Keep in mind that for most compression formats noise is difficult to compress. I have always seen a reduction in file size after using DeNoise. Depending on your settings a reduction of 50% is not unreasonable.

The other question is, what is the file type input and then what is the output file type?

Hi
Since I updated to Denoise A1 3.7 I can’t us it anymore. I have windows 10 and tried with the pluggin in Photoshop and also stand alone but when it starts working on a picture it crashes.
I have also got Sharpen and gigapixel and don’t have any problems with them.

Regards Steve

1 Like

Please open the app, go to Help-> Graphics info., click Copy and paste it here.

Also open settings on Win 10, then Windows Update and Update history … take a screenshot and paste it here also.

Application & Version: Topaz DeNoise AI Version 3.7.0

Operating System: Windows 10 Version 2009

Graphics Hardware: Intel(R) HD Graphics 520

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 - Build 20.19.15.4474

CPU RAM: 16243 MB

Video RAM: 1500 MB

Preview Limit: 3466 Pixels

Basically you don’t meet the minimum requirements but it should still run. You may be experiencing a tensorflow problem that I have reported.

Have you raised a support request at the main website?

This version of Sharpen has a noticeable delay when I click the X to close the application. Click → Wait → Application reports “Not responding” – Wait some more – Application closes. Waits are not long, but are there. Win 11, 32gb ram, GTX 1050 Ti. This may occur only on first use after a boot - I’ll have to pay attention to that. Anyone else seeing this?

Are you talking about Sharpen or DeNoise as this is the DeNoise 3.7.0 thread?