DeNoise 3.7.0

It does have to do with the profile applied during RAW conversion, it applies a linear profile and DxO applies its own profile as do other RAW converters.

I suspect it will change as both Photo AI (changed) and now GigaPixel (changing) soon DeNoise will follow when it is updated.

Also FYI, where you say “altering the processed raw image from the original file” the original RAW is interpreted and a profile applied. What you see as a preview is the camera producing a JPG from the RAW file applying its own profile.

I am finding that the app crashes if I try to process more than 25 images at a time. This is no matter the size. From 3mb each to 20mb. 25 seems to be the limit. Any idea what the issue could be? Im running 32gb ram on a M1 Mac

Yep me too. Turns all my canon R7 files to a warm/yellow cast. Pain to have to add another step to correct white balance. Please fix - seems a common issue, frequently mentioned elsewhere.

Is support for EOS R7 RAW in the pipeline?

1 Like

I’m sure it will be but the support from LibRAW is still in beta. LibRAW is the library used to process RAW images.

2 Likes

Hello, I would like to ask you to solve the problem with the wrong export.

It happens to me randomly that often the image is exported with an error. This artifact always appears in a different location, and sometimes not at all. It’s a pretty big deal. This means that mass export cannot be relied upon. I’m using the latest version of DeNoise on MacOS (macbook m1, max) , the latest update.

Thanks. M.

Welcome to the forums.
I am puzzled. Is the artefact the square box or what’s within the box? The former is certainly weird and I have never come across anything like it: I use an M1 Mac too and have done quite a lot of batch processing. Can you clarify please and also give info on your camera, whether you are processing RAW and using DNAI as a plug-in or standalone.

Is this a bug in Denoise 3.7.0?
Her eyes are white in the preview but when I save it out it’s like the whole image gets smeared with skin tone.
User error of bug?

This is how I usually process 30MPx JPG files that are shot with a Canon 5D Mark IV. This is a square artifact. But it doesn’t always have to be square. Sometimes it’s just a stripe or a weird shape. They are always randomly generated on different photos and in different places. I always use DeNoise as a standalone program for batch photo processing. But as far as I know, it also happens as a plugin.

And I have to say that the program crashes quite often.

REPORT HERE
DENOISE BUGs.txt (146.4 KB)

I batch processed 126 JPGs as an experiment, using DNAI’s Auto setting and in standalone mode. I was unable to find any artefacts similar to yours. When you say it’s random, do you mean that you can process the same image a second time and the artefact won’t appear? Or does it always appear on specific images only and always in the same place?
By the way, my processing also crashed after about 100 images. Since no one from Topaz development tends monitor this forum, you need to send your crash report to company Support. I shall be doing the same,
I am on an M1 Mac Mini with 16GB RAM running Ventura 13.1.

Yes, it happens randomly. The second time, the artifact may be elsewhere, or it may not be there anymore. As for the crash of the program. it happens mostly after 30 +/-. I will also send it directly to support.
I work on a MacBook M1 Max, 32gb ram (Ventura13.1).

I haven’t done much batch processing with this version of DNAI so don’t know how common the crashes are. And anyway, I shoot RAW these days. Certainly worth reporting, since you have more RAM than me!
Regarding the artefacts, there is nothing anyone can do unless they can replicate it. If it’s only happening in batch mode, you might need to send them a large enough batch of your images for them to test. You could upload some to WeTransfer or the like for people here to take a look. I’d be happy to do so later today.

By the way, do you have access to the new Photo AI? If so, you could see if the same issues occur there.

it also happens in single mode. I shoot in raw, but first I edit the raw and then process the jpg with DeNoise

You should always do your denoising at the START of the editing process. Anthony Morganti just did an updated YouTube video on using TDNAI as a Lightroom plugin. He’ll be doing others in the next few days. Take a look for his tips.

I don’t like denoising at the beginning of the process. first, one loses some details in the beginning. second, when you shoot in raw, you know that each camera has its own raw profile. Converting to DNG format will lose color data and profile. Dng is lossless, but it still loses the camera-specific profile. why almost every brand has its own raw file (cr2, cr3, neff, arw) because it contains this raw data that dng can never have. I don’t like the dng format. It seems like an unnecessary format to me

As I said, check out the AM video. He explains what should be edited before denoising. However, each to his own.