Denoise 3.6.2 resource hog, crashes and weird output.in RAW mode

I am using TD to process images 5184*3456 px, RAW cr2 from a Canon D7. Win 10 64 bit. RADEON RX 580 with AMD reporting 8GB RAM. Drivers up to date.

Win 10 Sysinfo shows Adapoter RAM = 1,048,576 bytes (???)

So, the symptoms.

• TD is VERY slow. It takes more than a couple of minutes to process the photo, then 15-20 minutes to Save.
  • if I use other programmes while processing, and in particular Firefox, either one or both will crash pretty much repeatably within little time of my firing up FF.
  • I finally made as sure as I could that I had downloaded all models, set GPU Memory to medium in the hope of stabilising things, and started a save and went to bed. Upon waking I found that TD had produces a dng with a resolution of 256 *1712 px! (source was TIFF and I had made no changes, although I did not specifically press the button to preserve input )…this was the first time THIS had happened to me

So. Help please.

Nick

Make sure you go to Help, Graphics info., press Copy and post the info here.

HAH! I KNEW there would be something else! :smiley:

Application & Version: Topaz DeNoise AI Version 3.6.2

Operating System: Windows 10 Version 2009

Graphics Hardware: Radeon RX 580 Series

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.14800 Core Profile Forward-Compatible Context 22.3.1 30.0.15002.1004

CPU RAM: 8183 MB

Video RAM: 8192 MB

Preview Limit: 7146 Pixels

BTW this time I got a jpg output…??? UH…no. in the3 confusion I chose a jpg in file. Sorry

How are you using the app? From a host like Lightroom or Photoshop or as a standalone. Remember don’t use Open from the file explorer as it opens in plug-in mode. Output type will default to the type and location specified in the preferences panel.

I am using the app standalone. I usually drag and drop to load a file. I don’t see a default file format in Preferences.

I opened the file by using Recent files and the slowness situation is the same.

Thanks for your help.

Nick

Do you get this dialog when you click on Save Image … this is the dialog you will get when you save the image after opening using the file dialog or dragging onto the open DeNoise application …

• This option will retain the input file characteristics and append the prefix/suffix in Preferences

If you deselect Preserve Input Settings you get this Dialog …

• This option will allow you to set the save file details yourself

And if you select Overwrite/Return File to Host Editor you get this …

• This option will overwrite the input image

Yep I get all of that, although it seems to me to have a certain convolution. But where did a dng file come from, with a claimed (and shows as) 256 *1712 px and a file size of over 100MB?

I m pursu8ng this because I am very puzzled and when I get a result using the RAW setting, it is very good.

I tried other photos and they are the same slowness.

Nick

Try raising a support request at the main website and upload the logs with that. Also make sure that you exit from FireFox if you are using it.

OK, thanks. Will do. I am getting a LOT of weirdness from Denoise. Strange output files, very slow processing and (not lately) crashing.

ummm where do I cre4ate/find logs? Sorry. :frowning:

Nick

Have a look under the Help menu. If logging isn’t turned on, turn it on and create some then go to the folder (again from the Help menu) and add them to the report.

Woops! Sorry. I had found it and meant to come back but forgot. :frowning:

1 Like