DeNoise 3.4

How did you install the program? A clean install from the DMG should work. Just open the DMG, then drag and drop the DeNoise icon onto the Applications icon to install it. Don’t run it directly from the DMG.

Yes, I did. I never launch any apps from the DNG file.
In fact Denoise is launching, but any model I want to use, I have an error message and no result.
Also, if I want use a file test proposed in the bottom of windows, it doesn’t find the file!
I think that some component are not installed properly.

I re-installed V3.3.4 It works well.

I’ll try again and send you error message if it doesn’t work better.

I just re-installed it, but directly from the link in the application.
Now it seems working well :blush:

Thanks - that’s sorted it for me now too :slight_smile:

I made the mistake of initially putting it in the “Topaz Labs LLC” folder, thinking it had to overwrite the previous app. The uninstall script for older versions didn’t run properly because of this. After a “clean” install into the Applications folder it worked great.

Having the same problem on my iMac Pro (Intel) Monterey 12.1. All other Topaz apps work except the current version of DeNoise AI v3.4.2 (have reverted to v3.2)

I’ve done a fresh install of DeNoise AI v. 3.4.2 and followed the instructions for the Photoshop/Lightroom plugin, but when I try to edit an image in DeNoise from Lightroom Classic 11.1 I only get a Save button rather than the Apply button. I’m using a MacBook Pro Mac OS Monterey 12.01. Anyone else having this issue? DeNoise AI is working as a stand-alone program, but I virtually always use it as a Lightroom plugin, so am hoping someone has a suggestion on how to make that work.

Hi, I am using a Mac mini 2018 with a Blackmagic eGPU. When I use Topaz Denoise AI, the program takes a long time to load the AI model Clear. It works without the eGPU, but the noise reduction is then very slow.

I got it working, though I’m 100% sure which of the following actions did it, but after I opened Photoshop and tried editing an image there, it properly recognized the DeNoise plugin. I then stopped Photoshop and started up DeNoise AI as a stand-alone and it gave me a message saying the plugin wasn’t installed for everything (unfortunately I don’t recall the exact message) and do I want to install it. I responded yes. I then started Lightroom again and went to the external editing preferences and clicked on Topaz DeNoise AI. After this, the external editing plugin started working with Lightroom.

3.4.1 is making the image look horrible after processing. It s doesn’t matter which algorithm is used. Even a 300 dpi image ends up looking like it has been “compressed for Web”. I’ve never seen this bad processing on any of the previous versions

3.4.2 is available

apologies. I was using 3.4.2 itself

Adam,
I just noticed that you wrote at the top of this thread that DNAI 3.4 does not work as an external editor with On1 PR. I am using PR 2022 and it is working fine as a plugin. Or is there something I am missing?

Version 3.4.2 refuses to work as an external editor with Lightroom Classic v11.1
I have tried everything that I found on your website, including even the biggest kludge of all that you can find here: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

I find this extremely annoying, I have just wasted two hours of my precious time, why! Please fix this asap

Forgot to mention, I am using a MacBook Pro with OSX 10.15.7

My issue with DN 3.4.2 is that is freezes up if I don’t act within a certain time frame of 15-30 secs. I then have to force quit the app, open the app back up, and then it will usually work. This is intermittent. It doesn’t matter if I open it up as standalone or as a PS plugin. Something is very wrong.
I’ve deleted the app, deleted the plist files, and deleted anything relating to DeNoise via search. Redownloaded the app. Even reinstalled the 3.3.4 as I saw someone on this thread said it helped. It didn’t. So now I’m going to attempt, again, a complete uninstall, download and clean install. Will let you know.

iMac Pro 2017
Big Sur 11.6.2
3.2 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W
32 GB 2666 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro Bega 56 8GB

UPDATE:

1. I did a complete uninstall.
  2. Searched for all plist, other relevant files and deleted.
  3. Restarted machine.
  4. Then downloaded both 3.3.4 and 3.4.2 installers and installed 3.3.4 first.
  5. Then installed 3.4.2 by opening the DMG and dragging to the applications folder.
  6. Opened the 3.4.2 standalone in order to install plugins per instructions.
  7. The app asks for verification and I enter my credentials to activate.
  8. I get the dialog of “Thank You. Your ownership has been verified. Please enjoy using Topaz Denoise AI, and thank you for your support!” and…
  9. I click on OK and nothing. I can’t close even the thank you dialog box. It’s frozen.
  10. So, suggestions?

UPDATE 2

1. I force quit and reopen the app and “reinstall the plugins” to photoshop.
  2. I open a photo but the app takes forever to open a window.
  3. I click through the various styles and hit “ESC”.
  4. The dialog comes up and I click on the close without saving and nothing happens.
  5. None of the buttons now work.
  6. However, I notice that if I click outside the dialog, the faded background still reacts to clicks.
  7. Resolved by uninstalling and deleting 3.4.2 app and now using 3.3.2 that has no issues as of yet.

UPDATE 3

1. Today, I received the 3.5 update link.
  2. I downloaded from the community forum DeNoise 3.5.0 link.
  3. Installed by opening the DMG file, then dragged and dropped into the applications folder per instructions.
  4. Opened the DN 3.5 in the /Applications folder with no issues and installed Photoshop plugin from the menu. Note: I said No to uninstalling previous version.
  5. Opened the plugin from PS and had no issues thus far.

I am seeing a failure to batch process NEF raw files from a Nikon D850. I think there is a memory leak of sorts (runaway swap) when processing large numbers of NEF files. Here is the setup for the testing:

1. 300 NEF files from Nikon D850
  2. Open the 300 NEF files in DeNoise AI 3.4.2 (or 3.5)
  3. Set them to be processed as Severe Noise
  4. Set them to be processed with Settings of Auto
  5. Set the Auto Remove Noise to 15
  6. Set the Auto Enhance Sharpness to 60
  7. Set the Post-Processing Recover Original Detail to 50
  8. Set the Post-Processing Color Noise Reduction to 10
  9. Set the AI-Processor to be the GPU in DeNoise AI Preferences
  10. Set the Allowed Memory Consumption to be High (though the behavior seems to be the same with medium and low) in DeNoise AI Preferences
  11. Make sure all 300 images are selected to process and hit the Save Images button
  12. Select TIF for image format
  13. Select ZIP for compression
  14. Select 16 for bit depth
  15. Select Auto for filename
  16. Select Preserve source profile for Color profile
  17. Choose anywhere for the save directory
  18. Hit the Start button

With these tests steps I can’t get the images to be processed Windows nor Mac. I have run this test on multiple configurations. Here are some observations from the testing.

1. M1 Mac with 16GB of RAM running Big Sur 11.6.3: Fails while processing image 129 or so. MacOS (Big Sur and Monterey) throws a warning “Your system has run out of application memory.” The RAM never gets used above 80% and averages 50% utilization, but the swap grows uncontrollably until it reaches 50GB, which produces the system error message.

2. M1 Pro Mac with 16GB of RAM running Monterey 12.2: Exactly the same behavior as above.

3. PC with 32GB of RAM, GTX 1080 3GB running Windows 10 Pro Build 19042: Processing fails after 20 or so images with an error message saying “Error: OpenCV(4.5.3) C:\Users\Adam\.conan\data\opencv\4.5.3\…\…\build/eae637997668fbc59b3bd2e17a93770838ebb99b2\aource_subfolder\modules\core\src\alloc.cpp:73 error: (-4 insufficient m”

The error message is cutoff in the UI so I can’t share the whole thing.

By the way, my name is not Adam and I don’t have any “C:\Users\Adam” folder on my Windows machine.

When looking in Windows Event Viewer I see the following error: “Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition. The following programs consumed the most virtual memory: Topaz DeNoise AI.exe (14012) consumed 30708682752 bytes, vmmem (4360) consumed 631721984 bytes, and MsMpEng.exe (6724) consumed 308805632 bytes.”

IMPORTANT MAC NOTE: I have seen that the swap usage on all of the M1 Macs (M1, M1 Pro, M1 Max) going very high while testing batch processing of other raw files (CR2, CR3, ARW, RAF). All of these others were able to complete the processing of 300 of each of those raw types, but on M1 Mac the swap is used very heavily when there 32GB or less of RAM. On an M1 Pro with 64GB of RAM the swap never got used, but the processing consumed 40GB of RAM while doing the processing. I don’t have access to an M1 with 64GB of RAM but I had a friend who helped me with some of this testing.

The behavior is not the same on Windows. Except for NEF raw files, I could process all of these file types with no usage of swap.

Adding a little more information. I just ran the same test on that Windows 10 PC with 32GB of RAM, choosing the RAW AI model instead of the Severe Noise AI model. DeNoise AI crashed after processing 53 images.

Here is the error message from the Event Logs:

Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition. The following programs consumed the most virtual memory: Topaz DeNoise AI.exe (12376) consumed 33515233280 bytes, vmmem (16216) consumed 629682176 bytes, and MsMpEng.exe (6928) consumed 309280768 bytes.

Adding more data here. After converting the 300 Nikon D850 NEF files to TIF format I was able to have all 300 successfully be processed on all computers. Seem very clear to me that there is something about the NEF files from the Nikon D850 that is not being handled well by DeNoise AI on Mac or Windows.

Even more interesting is that the swap usage on the M1 Macs was now almost nothing, the swap size only got to 1GB and the average swap use during the processing was only 0.6GB. The swap usage on M1 Macs was very high across all of the raw file types I have tested while the TIF format doesn’t seem to need any swap at all.

@adam.mains