DeNoise 3.0

3.0.3 Always gives me this erroron DeNoise AI
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Bcx24DyIxwKK06obmcjGpnHK6WS1ob5x/view?usp=sharing
And picrute is 3840x1600

Also all of your softwares goes Under the TaskBar if Taskbar is on Top of the Screen.
This happens when window takes 90% of desktop space

What GPU do you have and are the drivers the latest from the manufacturers website, i.e. Intel, AMD, NVIDIA not Windows Update or the PC manufacturer.

I repeat a post from March 30th (“jamie.lenh”):

“I can no longer scroll my mouse to adjust ‘Remove Noise’ and ‘Enhance Sharpness’. Instead, I have to drag my pointer to adjust them.”

It is actually a step backwards that you can no longer adjust the values in the control panel with the mouse wheel. Is there a solution in sight?

The problem is that this function forces an update of the preview when the mouse wheel is stopped, which leads to problems with many weak systems.

I use DeNoise AI as a Photoshop Plugin with ACDSee. The workflow with 3.0.3 is too expensive, but I am happy with 2.4.2.

Updated to v3.1.1 and so far much more stable than v3.0.3. No delay when adding images in batch, and so far no crashes with MacOS Catalina, Intel i7.

Whatever you did devs, good work! Can you also do the same to GAI and Sharpen.

I have been running Deep Prime on some images that I had already processed in DeNoise. The former does better on images that have a large amount of colour noise especially on blacks. But some images can also look over-processed/over-saturated. There are no sliders to adjust the result, so I found I was having to do some post-processing back in On1 Photo Raw.

In Photolab, you can use the Color Accentuation sliders to adjust the saturation & vibrancy.
You can also change the Color Rendering setting, from Generic Rendering to your prefer camera body, which will give much better & nature result.
2021-06-03_213920
I use DeepPRIME for all my high ISO RAW file, however it don’t work with JPG, so I still need DeNoise AI for JPG.

At the moment, I am looking forward to see how the coming “ON1 NoNoise AI 2021” compare to DeepPRIME & DeNoise AI. :yum:

I am using DxO Pure Raw only (on trial), not PhotoLab. If I send a file from On1, I can only send it as the original raw or as a TIF copy.If the original image is underexposed, the result look horrible when it’s back in On1 with exposure adjusted accordingly.

1 Like

I would be very interested in the results.

Something you can look at.

I posted a comparative screen shot in the thread onDxO. Here it is:

1 Like

ah, ok

that looks like a different level, of course.

I have also tried it with Deep Prime.

But the combination of Capture One and Denoise AI cannot replace anything in my case.

If you are interested in what this looks like you can send me your picture.

I have done some further comparisons. DxO Pure Raw is much better on colour noise, but it cannot handle skies that are bleached in the original Raw file

:
Never mind the rest of the shot. In each case I pulled down exposure back in On1 Photo Raw. The DxO image is in the centre and there is no cloud detail whatsoever.

If you are sending the file from DXO Pure Raw as a DNG, then this isn’t a raw file it is a linear DNG (like LR produces when you make a pano or HDR) essentially a Tif in a DNG container.

2 Likes

Ah, ok, that explains why i can’t push those files as much as i would like.

Raw is still bigger.

That’s why DXO-Photolab gives better results than Pure Raw. You can raise shadows to expose noise, reduce highlights etc and then DeepPrime takes care of the noise in the exported linear DNG.

1 Like

That’s what I am discovering now that I have downloaded a 30-day trial of Photo Lab. The result on low light high ISO images is way better than DeNoise I am sad to say, since colour noise removal is much better.
By the time the trial is over, On1 will have its new denoise module out, so the competition is hotting up.

1 Like

I meant the opposite.

Because PureRaw has already messed with it, I can’t edit it as much.

Interesting. The DeepPrime (as well as Prime) clearly eats fine feather detail in my bird images, and I never encountered such losses via ACR development. To me it is much easier to fine-tune ACR output and suppress noise retaining all the detail (and increase sharpness ad hoc) with Topaz apps than to play with SAI over the DNG obtained from PhotoLab with DeepPrime.

It probably must be a really bad noise to make me using DeepPrime, and I did not have such an example to date.

I am currently working through some cityscapes and landscapes that I had previously denoised with Topaz DeNoise AI. I have to say that DxO, on the whole does a better job. That’s Photo Lab, not Deep Prime. For non Lightroom users Deep Prime is not satisfactory, since it works on the original raw file that may or may not be underexposed. In Photo Lab, it’s possible, with one click, to adjust exposure before using the Deep Prime module. Where Topaz DN AI falls down is on colour noise reduction, so that I find, for example, grey cobblestones turn out all smeary with magenta and cyan.
In due course, I’ll be looking at some wildlife photos, where it’s reported Deep Prime can’t handle detail such as feathers.
Meanwhile, I anxiously await On1’ s contribution.
By the way, what’s ACR?

1 Like