DeNoise 3.0

@partha.acharjee

The tiles stripes are gone.

But there can be under certain circumstances calculation differences between the tiles, as with Sharpen in the beta currently, but could observe it so far only once and it was not very strong (not nearly as strong as with Sharpen).

I just updated to 3.0, it no longer functions, it dies in the update screen.

GP

4 Likes

Could you go to preferences and try changing processors on the bottom? May be an issue with your GPU. You may also try updating your graphics drivers to the latest versions, as I know some older drivers do not work.

In Comparison view every time I move the cursor over any of the preview images all three of them revert to “not updated”. Moving the cursor to the top, bottom or right panel restores them to the correct display.

While not logged in, or if your license is expired, your image will save with a watermark

Hi what does this mean? I bought the product with one year free updates. Will this impact me?
Thanks!

This sounds extremely strange. Are you sure you’re not panning a bit by mistake? I cannot reproduce and am not sure what would cause it.

Hello,

If you have an upgrade license active right now then you own this release (3.0.0), and all subsequent releases for this minor version (e.g., 3.0.1, 3.0.2, 3.0.8, etc). If your license expires while 3.0.1 is out, but then we release 3.0.2 you will still own it since you owned 3.0.1. However, if your license expired while you owned 3.0.2 and after that we released 3.1.0, you would not own 3.1.0 because it is a minor version bump ahead. In this case you still can own and use 3.0.X versions like normal with no watermark, only 3.1.X and above would have a watermark.

2 Likes

Absolutely sure - just hovering over the images.

Do you get this in the Sharpen beta as well? The preview panel changes are something @anthony.lawn has been working on so maybe he has run into this before?

I’m getting the error message
“Processing Error
AI model is missing or corrupted. (Denoise.bin)(NX)”

Yes, and in the Denoise beta, but I’ve not noticed it before now. It doesn’t happen with production Sharpen.

I think I know what the issue here is. Unfortunately it may take until 3.0.1 to resolve. For now you can try to uninstall and then use the full installer from the opening post, but if that doesn’t work then I should have a fix by tomorrow.

1 Like

Can you report this in that beta thread? If it gets fixed there I can pull it into DeNoise after.

1 Like

Will do.

Uninstall and full installer worked. I’m just wondering how to detect this in Beta tesing - Perhaps the production upgrade could be issued to beta testers a day before general release?

As an OpenVINO user, I am extremely disappointed to see that version 3.0.0 of the app removes OpenVINO support.

I am also extremely disappointed to see that Topaz have done this without any warning or announcment to users.

I can see that the 3.0.0 “full” installer is less than half the size of the old “full” installer.

I can see that the tgrc folder no longer contains OpenVINO model files.

Processing is extremely slow and no longer utilizing full CPU speed:

dnai_cpuz

And the application no longer performs “benchmarking”. While there are still registry keys for OpenVINO, they appear to be vestigal and no longer do anything. Previous versions would set (after benchmarking):

“cpuPlugin” to “0”
“ifOpenVinoCanWork” to “true”

Version 3.0.0 keeps “cpuPlugin” at “1”, “ifOpenVinoCanWork” at “false”, and ifTFGPUCanWork at “true”

Can the devs please clarify the future of OpenVINO in your applications. I am in the process of setting up a 16 core server for running VEAI in OpenVINO and this development is extremely alarming to me as an OpenVINO user.

1 Like

OK, so the above is for the legacy installer in Windows 7.

I tried the Windows 10 installer on Windows 10, and the OpenVINO model files are there.

So, it appears OpenVINO is now only supported in Windows 10, and is removed in the legacy installer.

This is an important note that should be mentioned in the change log.

I would imagine this would have been the case in beta as well, or something has changed which I am not aware of. We’re looking into it. Right now I believe the issue is the online installer somehow deselects both the legacy AND non-legacy resources when running on a legacy machine. In the end that leaves legacy installs without the models required to run. However the full installer drops it right every time since it doesn’t deal with the turning stuff on/off shenanigans. This may also be hard to detect in beta unless you do a full uninstall/reinstall every time as if the models were ever there you wouldn’t notice them not dropping the next time.

I’ve asked @suraj to see if he can explain this better, but it looks like that’s the case. I’m not sure what limitations are in place or if there are plans to do anything in the future myself. On the legacy machine, have you checked to see if there’s an iGPU option under processors in preferences? Would be labeled like “GPU: Intel 630 UHD” or something along those lines.

There isn’t. Just “1: Default GPU”. It’s a GPU-less VM.