DeNoise 3.0

v3.0.3
Release April 1st, 2021

Windows: Online | Full
Mac: Online | Full

Major Changes:

• Updated AI engine to resolve some crash and slowdown issues
  • Lens correction now applies to images as they are loaded
    – There is a new option in preferences to turn auto correction off if you do not want this
  • Downgraded OpenCV on Mac to help solve memory issues
  • Downgraded to previous low light models due to reports of quality issues

Fixes:

• Fixed shifting in preview of images that have a crop component in their metadata
  • Fixed mask not applying when auto update is turned off
  • Fixed in-app updates not working if you weren’t logged in
  • Potential fix for aliased previews

Changes:

• Changed the “All GPUs” option to “All GPUs (Experimental)” and removed it from the default setting
    – This is due to stability issues on some computers
  • Changed default AI processor to CPU for new installs
  • Changed the error message for failure while loading or processing an image to include links to GPU driver updates since this is a likely solution
  • Changed the main toolbar buttons to disable when preview is not shown

v3.0.2
Release March 24th, 2021

• Fixed image output being corrupted when saving in standalone mode
  • Fixed an issue with the installer where sometimes it wouldn’t drop all the models

v3.0.1
Release March 23rd, 2021

• Fixed padding issue in the toolbar when using left side control mode
  • Fixed issue where watermark warning would prevent actually saving
  • Fixed online installer not dropping models correctly for legacy users
  • Fixed icon not being dropped correctly
  • Fixed preview panel not closing when selected image is closed
  • Changed error message to mention updating drivers as a potential solution
  • Temporarily getting rid of legacy installer

Known Issues:

• In some cases the color profile will not set correctly on Mac in standalone mode.

v3.0.0
Release March 22nd, 2021

Windows: Online | Full (Win 10) | Full Legacy (Win7/8)
Mac: Online | Full (10.15+) | Full Legacy (10.14 or lower)

Major Changes:

• Completely new AI engine
  • Updated Low Light model to give better details in dark areas
  • Updated DeNoise AI model to fix color blob issues
  • Changed CPU/GPU options in preferences
  • Installers now come with a “Legacy” version
    – This is for people running Windows 8.1 or lower, and Mac 10.14 or lower
    – Windows 10 and Mac OSX 10.15 or higher will continue with the normal installers
    – Online installer will download components based on the OS it’s run on
  • Changed how trial flow works
    – Trials are now gone, you can now use the app without being logged in
    – While not logged in, or if your license is expired, your image will save with a watermark
    – Users who own the product should be able to use it offline without a watermark given they’ve logged in once and don’t log out
  • Updated the preview panel experience
    – Previews no longer block panning
    – Auto update preview is now on by default and moved to the preferences panel
    – Updating preview while auto update is turned off moved to top bar “Preview” button
    – Adds scroll to zoom
  • Updated image and RAW libraries to their latest versions
    – Biggest update is the additional/fixed CR3 support in libraw (change log)

Fixes:

• Fixed first install not setting the opening directory correctly
  • Fixed masking button being pushed over to the left
  • Fixed masking button disappearing when cancelling a save
  • Fixed login dialog allowing spaces in email and password
  • Fixed some visual issues with saving in batch
  • Fixed non-ASCII characters in path breaking RAW file loading
  • Fixed blank Save Options section showing in preferences while in plugin/external mode
  • Fixed Lightroom saving back as the wrong color profile

Changes:

• Comparison view will now process all unprocessed previews when in manual update mode
  • Changed “Switch Users” option to Login and Logout depending on if you’re logged in or not
  • Changed image importing so that new images get selected instead of just being added to the file list
  • Changed minimum window size to 1080x580
  • Changed combo box design
    – (Drop down GPU/CPU selector in Preferences is an example)
  • Added watermark warning dialog if saving an image that would have a watermark applied
  • Added License Info dialog under Account menu
  • Added right panel from Sharpen when saving
  • Added cleanup methods to the installer
    – Should clean out the TGRC folder on Mac and Windows
    – Additionally should remove some large unused dll files on Windows (CUDA, ~750MB)
  • Removed some unused libraries to save space
  • Removed product tour as it no longer aligned with the application
6 Likes

The update process is fully completed but at the end it stops, if you press the close sign of Windows and do not stop the process the window appears that the update is finished.

1 Like

If you are talking about from the in-app updater then that is right, although the window hiding itself is an issue I’m not sure we can fix directly. The installer will pop up a window saying the installation is complete to let you know it’s done because the alternative is it just closes without saying anything. However if you change windows, sometimes that window doesn’t pop up in front of everything and it looks stuck.

jupp, was in app update.

You guys rock!

I just sorted out a RAW picture and wanted to create a new, sorted benchmark thread for DeNoise and Sharpen as I’m in the market for a new eGPU. Just opened DeNoise to find out good settings for the benchmark and was surprised about a major version update announcement. After a short test I have to say: I think the need for a new GPU is gone. It was >30s processing time before the update. Now It’s about 5…perhaps less. This is a gamechanger for me. Do you have a similar upgrade in the Pipeline for Sharpen and Gigapixel? I am very happy now.

Thank you very much, Topaz!

4 Likes

Yes we do! Sharpen is planned to release this Wednesday with the same feature changes as this release (and maybe some added bugfixes due to the extra days to work on it). Gigapixel will be coming out sometime next month I believe.

Glad to hear that you’re happy with it!

5 Likes

I agree with you fully! The speed is remarkable and I’m running it on a 2015 iMac. Great work you guys!

2 Likes

@partha.acharjee

The tiles stripes are gone.

But there can be under certain circumstances calculation differences between the tiles, as with Sharpen in the beta currently, but could observe it so far only once and it was not very strong (not nearly as strong as with Sharpen).

I just updated to 3.0, it no longer functions, it dies in the update screen.

GP

4 Likes

Could you go to preferences and try changing processors on the bottom? May be an issue with your GPU. You may also try updating your graphics drivers to the latest versions, as I know some older drivers do not work.

In Comparison view every time I move the cursor over any of the preview images all three of them revert to “not updated”. Moving the cursor to the top, bottom or right panel restores them to the correct display.

While not logged in, or if your license is expired, your image will save with a watermark

Hi what does this mean? I bought the product with one year free updates. Will this impact me?
Thanks!

This sounds extremely strange. Are you sure you’re not panning a bit by mistake? I cannot reproduce and am not sure what would cause it.

Hello,

If you have an upgrade license active right now then you own this release (3.0.0), and all subsequent releases for this minor version (e.g., 3.0.1, 3.0.2, 3.0.8, etc). If your license expires while 3.0.1 is out, but then we release 3.0.2 you will still own it since you owned 3.0.1. However, if your license expired while you owned 3.0.2 and after that we released 3.1.0, you would not own 3.1.0 because it is a minor version bump ahead. In this case you still can own and use 3.0.X versions like normal with no watermark, only 3.1.X and above would have a watermark.

2 Likes

Absolutely sure - just hovering over the images.

Do you get this in the Sharpen beta as well? The preview panel changes are something @anthony.lawn has been working on so maybe he has run into this before?

I’m getting the error message
“Processing Error
AI model is missing or corrupted. (Denoise.bin)(NX)”

Yes, and in the Denoise beta, but I’ve not noticed it before now. It doesn’t happen with production Sharpen.

I think I know what the issue here is. Unfortunately it may take until 3.0.1 to resolve. For now you can try to uninstall and then use the full installer from the opening post, but if that doesn’t work then I should have a fix by tomorrow.

1 Like