Deinterlacing is almost good

I didn’t understand, I modified the json file, I set interlaced-frame to 0, and I changed the noise parameter (it’s a good thing to be able to do this, I find that dione tv denoised a little too much). but that doesn’t change the quality, or you have to import an already deinterlaced sequence with the “interlaced-frame” parameter set to 0?

Yes, if you set the interlaced parameter to 0 the source video must already been deinterlaced. I did this with ffmeg resulting in a doubled-frame sequence (in my case from 50i to 50p).

ah ok, i had already deinterlaced it with vegas pro, it was the best in my case, there is no comb or stair effect, but on the other hand some artefacts in places or edges that tremble a little. there’s no denying it, ai video enhance deinterlaces better than anything else though.

hola! well I just understood that to remove the artifacts from the video, you have to use dione dv, or tv with a lot of grain all the same (4 - 0.5)
once done, with vegas pro, and neatvideo, I keep almost all the details without artefacts, but … dione dv, and dione tv remove a few details … how can we modify the program files so that it denois a little less?

we can see it a little here, the girl’s hair.

i mainly use the Dione methods for upscaling SD to HD or HD to 4K. The best de-interlacing method i found is using bwdif and ffmpeg, which gives me much better results than build-in Dione De-interlacer. I also use Dione TV v1 manipulated for Progressive source files for my old TV series, because TV v2 produces halo effect, although did not try v3 yet.

Nevertheless, for the denoise you can probably try to change the parameter “noiseLevel” in the json file. I don’t know what this does, but it could change the way noise is handled by the profile.

I’ll try this deinterlace method after work then! I’m curious to see what he does.
I saw the line “noiselevel” I tried “0”, “0.4”, “1”, “2”, no changes, it’s strange