Dark Theme, need Options

Is there a way to change the color of the background to something easier on the eyes?

1 Like

It is a tad harder to absorb content with this color scheme or layout. Can’t tell which it is …

1 Like

Personally I like the dark background as I also use dark mode in Win 10 and most apps such as Affinity, C1, LR etc use dark color schemes.

But it really doesn’t matter to me.

What happened to the thumbnails of photos posted?

2 Likes

The darkness sorta makes words pop. But there’s something about the forum now that makes it hard to read. Can’t put my finger on it. It reminds me of when publishers, in the days of real books (Don, I know you’re too young to remember them… but they had lots of paper sheets b/wn 2 hard or semi-hard covers) used the wrong font and too densely laid out text and line spacing, then aggravated that more with right and left-justification. It made such books overwhelming to try to read. It didn’t draw a reader through the content. I’m feeling a bit of that in this forum design. But, it may just be me.

1 Like

Wow! Thank you … But the first computer I programmed used paper tape as input :slight_smile:

I think that it just comes down to getting used to it and I know that I find it easier.

:wink: Look at the bright side, you weren’t etching code into stone…

1 Like

I like the dark myself, most apps are now using it, even my cell phone. Its much easier on the eyes

Wow forum looks pretty good from my phone. That’s an improvement at least. Couple things, seems to be working as I see many of you are posting. Looking at the thumbnail thing, the old theme broke a bunch of stuff during upgrade so we with something modern and clean. Looking at a color option for those who like brighter palettes. Aesthetically and categorically still looking at some improvements. Main thing was to get it up, and functioning.

1 Like

Perhaps they can give us some choices.

2 Likes

Not mine.

keep it constructive please :slight_smile:

1 Like

There are three different themes now. If you click on your user portrait in the top right and click the gear icon to go to your settings. Select interface on the right side and there is an option to select between the different themes.

3 Likes