Custom Textures in Studio 2.2.0

With the latest version of Studio 2, I lost all of my Custom Textures. I cannot add them the way that I have in the past. When I click on the add Textures icon, and then type in a Category to add, the category does not show in the left hand column as before. In fact, it does not show up anywhere. I can manually install folders of textures, but I am not able to access them. It is essential for me work that I be able to add textures other than what Topaz includes with the app. What do I do" How do I add Categories so that the name shows up? And how do I now add folders inside of those categories?

Hi Jack, I didn’t see that happen with the update as when I checked my added textures they were still there. If you are still having problems raise a support request stating your OS:

With version 2.2.0 Topaz changed some paths where user data is stored. In my previous setup all my looks, presets etc. were stored in “%LocalAppData%\Topaz Labs\Topaz Studio 2” (i.e. “C:\users\yourusername>\AppData\Local\Topaz Labs\Topaz Studio 2”. After updating these are now expected in “%LocalAppData%\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Studio 2”. Additionaly there seem to be some slight changes in the folder structure inside the mentioned path.

If you happen to have a backup of your %LocalAppData%\Topaz Labs\Topaz Studio 2 folder from an earlier version (or it is still there because it is not always removed during installation of version 2.2.0) you can restore your textures, looks and presets by copying it from the old location (or backup) to the new structure (see attached image).

1 Like

I tried copying and pasting, but it didn’t work.

Do you have any custom looks or presets in Studio and are they listed when you select “Add Look - Look Category: My Looks” or are they missing, too?

My custom looks and my favorite looks were also missing after installation of version 2.2.0.
To make them appear again in the program I had to adjust a registry key and copy the files from the pre-2.2.0 folder to the new one.
Additionally I had to adjust a registry key that was not set correctly during installation. I think that was because when installing I had to enter Administrator password and so the registry keys for the new version were only set correctly for the Administrator user and not for the account I normally use.
That is a strange thing that didn’t happen with previous versions of Topaz products and seems to be a side effect of the new installer they introduced with version 2.2.0.

The registry key I had to adjust to make my looks, presets etc. to appear again is called “Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Studio 2\CustomPath”. I had to set this to the value "C:\users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Studio 2.
Also double check that the folder tree looks like the one in the screenshot of my last post - be aware that there may be some small differences comparing to the corresponding folder of previous versions.

Good luck!