Constant Crashes

I recently have been issues with Photo AI crashing while working with it as a Photoshop plug-in. I am scanning old Kodachrome slides and after cropping, etc in PS I then invoke Photo AI and it works fine for the noise (grain) removal. I then select sharpening and then Photo AI suddenly quits and I get the screen ‘you are invoking a plug in…etc’ but then nothing happens. I have to start Task Manager and terminate Photoshop there because I cannot click anywhere on the screen to close anything - that invoking window just sits there and blinks when I try close PS.

How does one upload the log files?? Please note this is my first posting on this forum!

Windows 11 Pro, I9 CPU 64 GB ram and the C drive is a SSD. Version 2.4.1

Thanks for any help!

Ted

Please send me your system profile information so I can check if your computer hardware is up to date.

You can securely submit your files(s) to my Dropbox using the link below.

Please be sure to send me a note here to let me know you sent something.

Hi John,

Thanks for your quick reply! I have just now uploaded the dxdiag.txt file you wanted.

There does not seem to be any pattern in the crashes…sometimes I can work on several images with no problem, other times it just crashes when starting a new enhancement.

The files are .tif at about 60 megs or so that are scanned from Kodachrome slides if that matters. When it works it does a good to great job removing film grain, but the results can be a little uneven at times. Digital images (Canon CR2 files) clean up really nice.

It seems like this issue started with a recent update but I am not sure on this.

Thanks again for any help John!

Ted Ellis

Mesa AZ

I would like to see if updating your GPU driver will resolve the problem.

Please use the following link to update your driver: Intel | Driver Update

After the update, let me know if you are still experiencing the problem.

No joy - after installing the Intel update software it says “Sorry, something went wrong” when scanning and re-installing it does not help.

Ted

Please reach out to us at the following link and our team can all work together to help you with this problem:

Topaz Labs | Support Page

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.