Confused about AI Gigapixel Requirements

Discussions about technical requirements cause my eyes to roll back in my head. Or probably they are way over my head dunno so I am just going to ask and hope someone will just answer my question and not berate me for asking. I am on a 2015 iMac running Sierra. I would like to try AI Gigapixel but don’t know if my graphics card is adequate and trying to figure it out has me to the point of saying" forget it". In a last ditch effort I am going to post the info and would appreciate it greatly if someone would give a response. Thanks so much~

IMac (Retina 5K, 27", Late 2015
Processor 3.3GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 32GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Startup Disk Macintosh HD
Graphics AMD Radeon R9 M395 2048 MB

AMD Radeon R9 M395:

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon R9 M395
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 2048 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x6920
Revision ID: 0x0001
ROM Revision: 113-C905AA-799
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.799
Metal: Supported
Displays:
iMac:
Display Type: Built-In Retina LCD
Resolution: 5120 x 2880 Retina
Pixel Depth: 30-Bit Color (ARGB2101010)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Automatically Adjust Brightness: No
Connection Type: DisplayPort
P221W:
Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz
Pixel Depth: 30-Bit Color (ARGB2101010)
Display Serial Number: 9X102010NA
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported
Automatically Adjust Brightness: No
Connection Type: DVI or HDMI
Adapter Firmware Version: 7.36

Hi and Merry Xmas, the technical requirements state there are ‘unsupported’ GPUs at this link and I don’t see yours on the list…

Thanks for the reply and Merry Christmas to you too. I am questioning my actual card - if it is sufficient. I don’t find it on the unsupported list but I don’t quite understand where it might fall within the bounds of acceptable. I like playing with the actual software but the technical side of things is confusing at times.

1 Like

Certainly with that card you won’t need to use CPU processing, just trial it and see how it works for you and remember that it is a final step and if you need to crop, crop the image before you enlarge it.

Thanks so much - going to give it a go!