Clouds and Prairie

Hi Folks,

I went for a hike in a nearby county park recently. This time of year - near the Twin Cities, MN - the prairie grasses are still pretty tall. I could barely see over them to the trees in the distance. So this can be a typical scene along the trail. As always, started in LR. Lately, I’ve been regularly editing from there into Studio rather than PhotoFX. In studio, I applied a little Detail just on the grasses and then used B&W Effects. Made a couple tweaks back in LR, including a little cropping. Going for classic dark sky Tri-X400 look.

D7000 12-24mm f/4 at 12mm f/16 1/250sec ISO100

Best regards

10 Likes

Like the contrast and beams of light on left from the sun.

2 Likes

Great BW work! Excellent contrast, looks like a cool place to hike.

1 Like

Great B&W image

Thanks. I used the color sensitivity sliders in B&W Effects to enhance the contrast. They really helped bring out the sunray details.

Thanks Ken. It’s a county regional park about 15 minutes from my home. Kind of my go-to place when I can’t decide on somewhere else. :slight_smile: I snowshoe there in the winter.

Thanks Terry. I know you like strong skies. I find the LR-B&W Effects duo works nicely.

Best regards

2 Likes

Thanks - I didn’t realise my style was “that” noticeable! But I do like almost black skies and almost white clouds - suppose I’d be happy with orthochromatic film and a bottle of Hydroquinone-Caustic or Kodak D-82

Don’t worry; it’s a good kind of noticeable. :slight_smile:

1 Like