CLI command for losless - help

I don’t know any secrets what I know is that Ffv1 only uses Golomb Rice when
-pix_fmt is 8bits yuv420p, yuv440p, yuv422p , when setting -pix_fmt to encode at 9bits or higher it changes to Range Coder.
Since you output to 8bits coder 0 is fine. I have coder 1 because I’m outputting to 10bits.
However… I have done several side by side comparations in VirtualDub2 with a file where Golomb Rice was used Vs. another where Range Coder was used and they are literally the same in visual quality.

3 Likes

Chroma subsampling is the color space and bit depth you choose for output. TVEAI doesn’t have nothing to do with that

1 Like

ok, I’ll stick with 8 bits then :slight_smile: but sorry, I didn’t understand “is there anything else you saying that needs to be done apart from this?” I use a translator, one thing I said apart from that?

@Carlito thanks for the info :wink: it seemed to me that I had done a test on an sd dv source one day between 8 bits and 10 bits, and I think I found the 10 bits slightly better. in hybrid, I absolutely didn’t understand the details of “context large” and context “small” too… :')