Chicken with Attitude

Subject was separated from background using ReMask so depth of field focus could be applied. TS1, can’t do that in TS2.

13 Likes

Ya, that’s one plucky clucker alright!
And ya, TS2 isn’t fully ready for prime time in my opinion. For me, it’s been some new quirk with each image.

2 Likes

Great color and clarity …

2 Likes

The approach you used really does give it a good sense of depth and dimension. And, I like that it does so in a realistic-looking way!

Sometimes when people add Gaussian blur or employ other techniques to achieve a wide open shallow DoF look in a ‘faked’ way their images end up looking just that, fake,. I’ve seen some that look like a cutout slapped on a blurry background. Yours isn’t like that at all. It’s very skillfully done & achieves (to me!) what you said you wanted to. I really like the way you have dealt with the feathers & foreground grass too. There’s good detail. But they are not over-sharpened. Cool.

1 Like

Very nice capture and nice subtle processing
And funny title!

1 Like

I’ve found that using too much blur bleeds out into the main image when the cut-out overlay is applied. It can be got around by cloning background around the edges of the subject before applying the blur (and after cutting out, of course). Something else TS2 cannot do yet.

1 Like

great shot and good processing!

1 Like