Can't save from AI Sharpen

I downloaded the new Ai Sharpen, and the improvement in image quality is remarkable. However, when I hit the Save As button or menu selection, it does nothing. Is there some trick I need to know?

rich

When you click Save As or select File–> Save as you will get the following dialog to enter the save details in the following Save Image As dialog:

Yes, I get the pop up, and I am trying to save as tif, one of the choices, but then when I click the save button, the dialog goes away and nothing happens; no file is saved. I also tried saving as the default jpg with the same results. I am running Windows 10 on a new Alienware gaming pc with very high specs; NVIDIA 1070. Another issue with the main window: expand the window to full screen, click on image to fill the image area, click the expand toggle again to minimize; the window does not refresh correctly.
Rich

[quote=“GrayUgly, post:3, topic:9679”]
Yes, I get the pop up, and I am trying to save as tif, one of the choices, but then when I click the save button, the dialog goes away and nothing happens; no file is saved. I also tried saving as the default jpg with the same results.

DID you tried saving it just as a JPG , to see if it worked?

Yep, tried jpg also with no luck.
Rich

Do you see the processing spinner when you click the save button in the save dialog? Also check the path displayed in the dialog and make sure it is going where you expect it to. We’ll look into reproducing the issue on our side.

After completing the selections in the dialog box, I click on the save button and the dialog just disappears instantly. My path was selected correctly with no added files showing up.
Two other issues I noticed:
On Windows 10, expand the window to full screen and just the image from the smaller sized windows shows up; clicking anywhere on the image refreshes to the entire image area ; then clicking on the minimize button to go back to smaller size window, the window does not render properly.
On the file selection dialog, could you display all graphic formats rather than just jpg, tif and png? Even another entry in the file extension pull down with other graphic formats that are supported would be useful.
Thanks, Rich

These are the only formats supported by Sharpen AI at this time. If you’d like to process an image in a different format, you will need to convert to one of these formats before using Sharpen AI.

Thanks for the report!

Thanks for that clarification! :thumbsup:

Well that is very strange since the image I am editing is a Nikon NEF image that loaded into Sharpen AI. That could be the reason that I cannot save the image. I just used the wildcard extension in the open dialog to list all files and then selected my NEF file and it did indeed load.
Rich

Yes you cannot process RAW images with Sharpen AI.

We currently do not support RAW images in Sharpen AI as AiDon has pointed out. We are currently working on getting this feature in but it is not quite ready for release just yet. We’ll get it out to ya’ll as soon as possible.

Well, that does seem to be the problem; I converted the raw file to tif and edited with Sharpen AI and was able to save. However, I was able to open the raw file in Sharpen and for all intents and purposes, looked like the image was being processed; the sharpening was applied to the portion of the image on the screen, but apparently, was not able to render the whole image and save.
Rich