Cannot save image in Sharpen AI v2.0.5

Thank you Don. I loaded a picture, reset preferences, ran preview. I tried to upload a screenshot but I wasn’t allowed - so tried to list the info below. When I try to save the image afterwards the Save Image dialogue box does not appear. Nothing happens when I click Save Image. I launched the app in standalone mode. It stopped working in standalone mode after a couple of days usage.

Preferences:
Allow anonymous: No
Show product tour: Yes
Default prefix: blank
Default suffix: _TpzSt
Append processing … : No

Enable discrete GPU: No
Allow graphics … (grayed out): High
Enable OpenVINO: Yes

, and as outlined before. It does work in plug-in mode with DXO Photolab. It clearly somehwo thinks it is in plugin mode when launched standalone. Something in its config tells it so and it would be good to understand how to reset it. Should I try to uninstall and reinstall? As I am on the 30 day trial not sure if that will work.

I think the time has come for you to raise a support request at the main website. I haven’t seen this behaviour previously and it is confusing.

Can you check under the Help Menu and see if File Logging is turned On. If it is just Zip up all the logs and add that to the Support Request, otherwise start it up again, turn File Logging On and open an image, do some adjustments and see if you can save it.

LOGS can be found in “DiskId:\ProgramData\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Sharpen AI\Logs”

Not sure if this will help anyone having issues but i’ve found this:

If another user does the install of Sharpen AI (a system admin, perhaps) and you try to run it from your account, it will not work. It will load the app, and you can import, but the image will not be adjusted. This issue can be fixed by installing the application from your user profile in Windows.

Been emailing Tech support since 23 May and eventually was told Topaz Sharpen AI has an issue of crashing/not been able to “Save/Save As” - as a Standalone product in Win 10. If the fault was known about, why did Tech support not make the fault known either by placing a news item on their Facebook page or to me by email.

You pointed out that they did inform you. It doesn’t seem to be a general problem as i, for one, don’t have that issue on win 10.

On Mac OS Mojave app instantly crashes after I change format of image I want to save, for instance, when I open raw (cr2) and want to save it as tiff it goes berserk and crashes instantly, yet it can save without a problem dng file (default option). Checked CPU / GPU rendering, it did not matter. Oh, and I’m using Topaz Shapen AI app, not plugins.
Also, what is more interesting is that using Radeon rx580 8GB GPU is more than 2 times slower than i9 9900k - what gives?! 2:24m GPU vs 0:48 CPU… Not to mention that image has weird artifacts - I was sure this problem was fixed by now :slightly_frowning_face:

too lazy to go through all the posts but i will mention something i noticed.

if an administrator or some OTHER account installed the software on windows, running it as a general user (or any user who did NOT install it) means it will not work. Has to be installed by the same user.

this was with a slightly older version of sharpen AI so might not fix your issue, but it was MY issue before. Re-install with your account/user credentials and try again

Help. I, too am having a problem with saving the image after it is sharpened. I have windows 10. It did work in the beginning. It does bring up the save image box but when it is saved it is not saving the sharpened image. HELP.

Kristy