Cached image is ignoring new image content

Using 7.1.2, but this has been around a while. Once an image is loaded into Gigapixel and upscaled and exported, it caches that image and seems to reuse it even when the same filename is reloaded with new changes, which doe appear in Preview.

Steps to reproduce issue:

1. Load an image into Gigapixel
  2. Upscale it and Export/Save.
  3. See problems with the image and edit it using another tool.
  4. Close and reopen the image in Gigapixel. It SHOWS the new image (this used to be broken).
  5. Upscale and save with EXACTLY the same settings.
  6. The PREVIOUSLY exported / loaded version is used for the export. It will show the errors.
  7. If I close the app and reopen, OR change ANY of the Upscale parameters, it works correctly.

Clearly, there is some kind of caching going on that thinks its pretty smart…but not smart enough. :slight_smile:

NOTE: This is different from the bug where preview won’t update when the same file name is reloaded. That seems to have been fixed previously.

Very interesting, thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Would you mind sharing your Gigapixel log files with our Topaz Labs support team so I may bring additional context to our development team for investigation?

To get your log files, please open Gigapixel and go to Help > Open Log Folder. Once you see your Logs folder, right-click it and compress it.

Once compressed, please attach the .zip file to your response.