BW video to colour conversion and simplify Iris

Iris is literally the only reason I use this program. If it were ever removed, I would just ask for my money back.

@menditsa One feature AVCLabs Video AI has had for a long time that Topaz hasn’t been able to pull off yet is pausing/resuming processing. The interface is much simpler than TVAI and less intimidating to an average user. And it also lets you change the saturation and brightness of the videos.

@colin.feeney, I’ve requested an Iris HQ model that’s not so intense compared to the current models. My current workaround for instances where Iris goes a bit overboard is to either run Iris with all parameters set to zero (possibly a mildly positive deblur, no more than +15), or use Artemis HQ.

The problem is usually that the source video itself is too low-quality for the AI to handle. The TVAI models aren’t trained very well for the types of videos that most people are processing and are best suited for very-high quality content. If you can upscale the original video to a larger resolution first with either Artemis or Gaia (or a different program), Iris should run just fine.

Edit: now I am just using Iris as the preliminary enhancement. It turns out significantly better than Artemis. So my usage of the enhancement models has gone from 95% Iris to 100% Iris.

1 Like