Bullfrog Highway

Bullfrog Highway, captured last evening, near Manistee, Michigan with a touch of Impressions Monet.

15 Likes

love the technique but why “Bullfrog Highway”?

Probably because there are wetlands along side and, am sure, it is crossed by Bullfrogs from time to time.

2 Likes

A great vista beautifully processed … Jeremiah would enjoy it :slight_smile:

Very good capture and processing

Great image, I like how you captured the sunlight coming thru the trees. Very nice color and processing.

Can only agree with the other comments here … very nice.

Great rich colors and composition!

It really draws the eye down the road …super edit.

Perfect! What a great mood!

Very nice…I like the lighting which I refer to as the golden hour…it’s just before sundown and everything takes on a special golden glow.

We drive by this road often and this evening was very special. I had captured it in the winter and now summer.

1 Like

Bullfrog Highway - Michigander was correct - the road lies adjacent to the Big Manistee River and there is a seasonal chorus of bullfrogs croaking as you travel down it. A spring video picking up the sound would be enchanting!

1 Like

Hi, you should take your e-mail address off the name field in your account. Everybody can see the e-mail address!

The original - before Monet and removing signs - - - -

Hope you don’t mind Wayne but I just had to have a play with this gorgeous image

Just tweaked the yellow, green and red hues and saturations slightly and masked off the roadway

1 Like

It gives it a fallish look. :maple_leaf:

Beautiful shot and processing Wayne ! Definitely looks like a painting !

1 Like

With the strong light from low on the right picking out the red hues in the tree bark … thought it made sense … start of Fall(?)

July 28, 2017 - around 8:00 PM