[Bugs] Custom Setting gives almost no artifact result? (VEAI uses wrong models)

Don’t know if I’m doing anything wrong but it seems to result in slowed-down videos (possibly just the ones where the frame rates are doubled?)

I think it affects all available models. Therefore, impacts the quality of all kinds of videos.

In other words, if it’s slowing down the videos, it’s pointless to do any using this technique at this moment in time?

If you feel this way is doing something that slows down your video, then you should not use it if it doesn’t benefit you.

I was upscaling a video that’s 24 minutes long. The finished result was an extra 4 minutes in length. The software is not made to slow down videos, It’s to upscale them.

When you say it affects all models, are you referring to slow motion or do you mean it’s affected in different ways? If you meant the latter then I have misunderstood the text in your wording?

What output did you use?

I meant the quality. Video FPS mismatch is a different thing.

I tried a video using Dione Interlaced Dehalo with Custom at 200%. I tried it again at 100% but it was still the same. I also made sure before each one that I was setting up the default with the same routine for using this technique.

Did it happen before? I mean without doing this ERR method?

First time

Maybe you should ask the Customer service.

Tried it again with four videos and have the same problem. I don’t know as yet if it’s related to Dione Interlaced Dehalo or if it’s the current Beta or not (I’ve contacted Customer Service). but it is weird that it has done this?
I did try it before with another model but don’t think it changed anything. I wonder if it’s all the models that double the frame rate???

Dione models always double the frame rate. Use Robust if you dont want frame rate to be doubled.

I was wanting to double the frame rate, but I was just curious if doing so is actually causing the problem I’m having? It didn’t before trying this new conversion method when going directly to FHD.

Only use if your source is interlaced. Otherwise, don’t use it for smooth 60fps experience.

Being in Australia I’m using it for 50fps, and most of the sources I have are interlaced. Also, I have a video projector and a lot of the interlaced videos stick out like a sore thumb.

Then you need to stick with Dione models I guess.

The proper method to do this ERR trick:

• Reset your current settings
  • Pick a random model
  • Choose custom setting your choice
  • Choose PNG or TIF or TIFF image sequence
  • Save as default and close VEAI
  • Open it again, change the resolution if needed, using custom setting only, don’t pick other presets
  • Choose output your choice (it doesn’t matter now)
  • Start => it should show ERR next to your model’s name now.

I’m a little late to the discussion, but I just want to say that I have also been able to reproduce this. I haven’t had the time (and quite frankly probably don’t have the eye) to compare results and see which one is best, but I can get the models to consistently display ERR at the end of their names.

I’m using a GTX 1080 Ti.