Bug: Totally crashes on a photo without faces on Autopilot 3.01

Since updated to Photo AI 3.01 it is hit or miss on jpg phot not crashing or being stable. After autopilot applied, it goes thru all the applications automatically then it crashes after auto sharpen and wipes the program from memory, If I turn off autopilot AI then each step was tested, it’s always the auto sharpen doing it. Either manually or automatically, Also noticed that if it had no faces to recognize then this occurred, I didn’t have the problem in 3.0 on the same type of pictures all high quality from a Sony video and still cameras. using a Microsoft book 2 i7 3 speeds, 150gig space HDD, nvidia geoforce gtx1050 internal card as the default option. If it works after a few cycles it could take 1/2 hr to export or even process, obviously memory problems, why does it need to recycle on the export after it has done so in the updated screen, should be just a save. Any help

I’d like to get some more information to help troubleshoot the problem you are having.

Could you send us your computer’s full system profile?

Also if you can, please try to recreate this crash in Topaz Photo AI, then go to Help > Open Log Folder, please send me all of the files within that folder. You should be able to attach them directly as a response to this thread.

If you would prefer you can securely submit your files(s) to my Dropbox using the link below. Make sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something. :slight_smile:

Dropbox File Request

private notice

I filled your request and moved my response to your drop-box link, also I have a newer computer LG and the same problem exists there, more when no faces are detected and then a complete crash after autopilot or sharpen is employed. Program is not reduced but wiped from memory
If a face is sideways then auto-face detect can’t the face and use that feature but the face is there and seen or even when far away in a photo, why can’t I block/select an area manually and then add it that face. I see it only works automatically, A feature could exist to add even a very small face my way.
Is it possible when modifying a feature that your can restore the default initial option, the only way I see it is to delete the filter and then re-add it, extra steps, and of course another is to save your work in progress as a topaz file and then resume it later without creating a preset

Thanks for sending in that information and my apologies for missing your reply, I appreciate your patience as we are working through trying to resolve this issue for you.

I want to see if updating your GPU driver will resolve the problem, as there is a more up-to-date driver that has been released.

Please use the following link to update your driver: Intel | Driver Update

After the update, let me know if you are still experiencing the problem.

Thank you for trying to help. I also wanted Topaz video but upscaling was over 1 day for 10minutes os footage from a old reg film I did myself transfer
I wish it would have worked.