Bring back Motion Blur option

I know we had Motion Blur removal which seems to have been rolled together with lens blur to become the Strong option. But would love it if they were 2 options again or even have a both option to help prompt the choice of the right model. What strong offers now can be great and I think is better than the old lens and motion options but could see it could still be better.

As a related suggestion, I am not sure exactly how the motion blur model works now but would wonder if there was an option to trace the direction of motion and select motion trails that you would like to remove like how Photoshop did before they changed their code base and remove the feature.

Just go to the settings and turn on the option as they are there. No autopilot thought.

Yes, I did read that but that is not actually what I was asking as I did say the new strong does seem in most cases to do a better job than the old options. I was thinking if there were still 2 options they may still work better than 1 for all. I was proposing other options to help the motion blur work better by having some user input to identify areas that are showing motion blur and are not lines.

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Background blur

It would be great if in addition to the great sharpening an deblurring features Topaz could also do the opposite and offer a blurring (bokeh) effect feature. Ideally AI based like for example Focos on IOS where the software detects foreground and (several levels) of background - like some sort of 3D model of the photo - and lets then select a focus point and “aperture”.

i do not know how difficult this is to implement but i guess if you can sharpen, you might also be able to blur intelligently.

It would be great if in addition to the great sharpening an deblurring features Topaz could also do the opposite and offer a blurring (bokeh) effect feature. Ideally AI based like for example Focos on IOS where the software detects foreground and (several levels) of background - like some sort of 3D model of the photo - and lets then select a focus point and “aperture”.

i do not know how difficult this is to implement but i guess if you can sharpen, you might also be able to blur intelligently.

I appreciate your insight. We’ve historically focused on objective image quality like removing noise. Adding blur is more of a subjective edit which is why we haven’t done anything like this. Plus, there are other image editors that specialize in this kind of effect.

We are working on a more declarative approach though, so this functionality might be integrated. This is not something that will be released in the immediate future but rather something we have more in the long term plan.

Now that we have background selection capabilities, could we have a “background blur” too?

Now that we have background selection capabilities, could we have a “background blur” too?

Agree totally with the growing number who are clamouring for a background blur facility.
It would greatly enhance the ‘face-recovery’ feature. Suggest that most portrait photographers would greatly welcome an (optional) automatic bokeh facility.
ÉH