Bodie, Calif No Tell Motel

About 1½ hours north of Mammoth Lakes, 26 miles from Bridgeport is the Bodie Historical State Monument. The structures have been preserved in a state of “arrested decay,” which means if something collapses, or in in danger of collapsing, the Bodie Foundation and the State of California bring the structures back.

Image taken with Nikon D810, Nikkor 16-35 f/4.0 lens, 1/200 sec @ f/7, ISO 200. Exposure adjusted in Lightroom, post processing in Photoshop with Topaz Adjust and converted to B&W back in Lightroom. I “punched up” the clouds to make it look like a storm was on the way. It actually was perfect conditions, in the mid '60s, down to the low 50’s once the sun set.

13 Likes

Beautiful capture… I love old structures like these. Nice edits and choice of using B&W and a great job on adding the drama to the stormy looking clouds.

Can only agree, just a beautiful capture and the processing really suits the scene …

Great use of B&W PP

Striking…the B&W PP is perfect. Thanks also for the background/back story on the image it fills in so much and helps me appreciate the final image that bit more. Very well done Robert!

wonderful image

A perfect image for B&W! Love it. How were the accomodations?

Way cool capture and edit …

A bit drafty and haunted!

Great work! I love these old structures, especially in well done B&W