Blue Flowers

Blue flowers from Florida. Bonus points to whoever can tell me what they are (I have no idea)

Processed with Topaz Studio, A Basic Correction preset (I keep trying to decide if I should have decreased strength a little more).

Original

And for fun I ran the Basic Correction through Topaz ReMix, blending with luminosity. Which version do you like the best?

7 Likes

No bonus for me…I also have no idea which kind they are but they are beautiful. I like your first two edits very much. The third one is a bit too rough for my taste

Lovely treatment and color …

Looks to me like a species of Plumbago. Lovely flowering shrub but won’t grow in the dry air where I live. Edit #2 is my fave.

I think plumbago is correct, though there is a species of phlox that has the same flower. The answer may lie in leaf shape which favours plumbago.

Hmmm…good point. I think the difference lies in that medial crease in the petals. I think phlox petals lack this structure.

Mind and Cinematic are correct… it is Plumbago, because of the crease in the flowers.

I like the first edit better because it is more natural looking with more color punch and details, but I also like the ReMix result.

Plumbago image:

1 Like

Known as blue plumbago. We used to have some in our yard and they are seen in many places in Florida.

1 Like

Thank you for the very nice comments and educational insights about the flowers, @Laundromat, @BobKramer, @Cinnamatic, @Mond, @cre8art and @tennie, - I definitely learned a lot about them : )

It is always interesting to see which versions people like, too.

2 Likes

Lovely! I actually like the third the best. But, if I had been doing the processing I would have desaturated the green a bit on the third image.

Thank you very much for the very nice comments, @Michael_Andre!

And I always appreciate suggestions, I learn a lot from them

Nice!

1 Like