Blue artefacts in dark areas with sharpening

Sometimes I get blue artefacts in shadowy or dark areas when using sharpening. Using the strengt slider they sometimes disappear; very annoying because sometimes I only notice this faukts after printing.
Visible in preview and exported / processed version (using Topaz as a photoshop plugin)

This is going for a few versions; still exists in 2 4 1 on Latest version of Windows
Steps to reproduce issue:

1. Step 1
  2. Step 2
  3. Step 3

Topaz Photo AI [v1.x.x] on [Windows/Mac]

I get these blue artifacts in dark areas too with sharpening. Sent an example into another topic about it.

Would you mind sending in some more information to get a better understanding of the problem you are having with this particular type of image? Please send the following information:

1. The original image file.
  2. The processed image.
  3. A screenshot or description of the settings panel so I can see what adjustments were turned on.

You can securely submit your image(s) to my Dropbox using the link below.

Dropbox File Request

Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.

Hello john,

I sent you both the original file (DSC_3824.jpg) and a screenshot (blue artifacts.jpg) with the settings and the visible blue artifacts (Autopilot after opening the image, no manual additions or adjustments made) to your dropbox.

Thanks, Imo

Thanks for sending in that file and example. I was able to replicate this artifact you were reporting, but it was actually yellow instead of blue.

I want to get more information about the machine you are using with Topaz Photo AI to share with the developers.

Please send me your system profile information so I can check if your computer hardware is up to date.

You can securely submit your files(s) to my Dropbox.

Hello john, here is the DxDiag file you requested.

DxDiag.txt (131.0 KB)

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.