Batch processing in Topaz Photo AI

Batch processing of photos inside Lightroom (using Windows 10) is done differently than in the past, at least for me. I used to be able to select multiple photos in the Develop module then right click on one of them and select the “Edit In” option for one of the Topaz products. I could also do the same thing from “Photo” on the main menu. That doesn’t seem to work anymore. However, I found at video by Topaz that explained how it can be done now. You select your photos and then from the main menu choose “File” then “Plug in Extras” and then “Process with Topaz Photo AI”. This worked fine for me. Do a search for a YouTube video titled: “Using Topaz Photo AI with Adobe Lightroom Classic for your RAW images” for step by step. I can’t post the link apparently.

Hi Donald, I just opened Lightroom, selected all of the photos, chose Photo > Edit In > Photo AI.
It opened up the same page I’ve seen before. So that seemed to work ok.
Cheers, Rex

Hi- I’m running Windows 11, using Topaz Photo AI as a stand alone app. It will do “batch” processing, but in a somewhat clumsy way. I find that I need to open each of the chosen photos and tweak what I want to have done. And yes, I find that it can only be done for a limited number of photos at a time. Versions up to 1.1.0 would crash until I was told that my graphics card had an incompatibility, so I chose CPU in the processor option. Regrettably, version 1.1.1 seems much more fragile, and crashes if I attempt to edit the graphically displayed subject. I agree with Marie and others- it would be great if we could load a bunch of photos and have it apply the same set of presets. It would also be great if, once autopilot was tweaked for a given photo, TPA would start processing it as the user addressed the next photo. As it is, it seems that all the chosen photos must be opened, autopilot tweaked or adjusted for each photo, then the collection “saved” which kicks off processing.

Thanks for the informative reply, John. I was able to process hundreds of photos in PhotoAI from Lightroom, and they looked good. They were taken at a dress rehearsal by a local theatre group.
If I am processing photos for competitions, I still use Denoise AI and Sharpen AI, as they give me more control over the output.

What I did was go through Lightroom Classic. I selected up to 15 images, File>Plug-in-extra>topaz AI Photo. Then In Topaz AI I waited until the first imaged processed. Then I click Save 15 images and they each processed and returned to LR with a processed copy of the original.

1 Like

Thanks.