Authorization fails if NordVPN loaded (even inactive)

This behavior is new for version 3.4.2 and a few prior. macOS 13.5.1 Mac Studio M2 Ultra.

The state of the VPN does not matter - it can be in use or inactive but if it’s loaded Topaz Video AI will start in Trial Mode and clicking the ‘Authenticate in Browser’ button fails to do anything. However, if you fully Quit NordVPN clicking the button will open the browser and authenticate.

Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting this! Sent over to our network team.

1 Like

Is the “Autodetect system proxy” setting enabled in the app preferences?

Yes, it is enabled.

Could I take a look at the log files for the app?

To gather logs, please select Help > Logging and make sure that there is a check mark next to File Logging. Next, recreate the issue and then return to the Help menu and select > Get Logs for Support and attach the “logsForSupport.tar.gz” file to your reply.

You can securely submit your file(s) to our Dropbox using the link below. Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.

Submit to Dropbox

I just uploaded the logs. FYI I tried this on a Windows 11 system with NordVPN loaded and it authorized no problem.

Thanks for uploading. I’ll send this over to our network team to take a look at to see what could be causing the connection block.

FYI it’s now working. Both NordVPN and Video AI have been updated so I’m unsure where the fix happened.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.