TVAI version: 3.2.4
macOS version: 13.3.1 (a)
Processor: GPU of the M1 Pro

System information (Windows):
TVAI: 3.2.4
Windows version: Windows 11
Processor: GPU, RTX 4090

Description of issue:
Apollo Fast on macOS shows grid like artifacts on many/all videos. These grid is relatively small so you may need to zoom in to see them

Steps to reproduce:

1. Import a video into TVAI on macOS
  2. Use Apollo Fast. (I recommend outputting in a format that has 4:4:4 sub-sampling like PNG, TIFF, ProRes 4444)
  3. Notice the grid like artifacts on the output.
  4. Redo steps 1-3 on Windows, this issue does not occur.

macOS:
Original video on the left, processed video on the right.

Windows:
Original video on the left, processed video on the right.

Thank you! For testing purposes, can you please share the video that you used in this example?

You can securely submit your files(s) to our Dropbox using the link below. Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.

Submit File to Dropbox

I have uploaded the video the the dropbox.

Just in case it impacts anything, these are the settings I used:
Output frame rate: 60fps
Frame interpolation filter: Apollo Fast
Replace Duplicate Frames: On
Sensitivity: 5

Is this the grid you are referring to?

No necessarily, but that might be related to what I’m observing.

Actually, grid might not be the best word to describe my issue. Lines might be a better description.
There’s these lines that run vertical up the image and they seem to appear a few pixels apart.

I have taken screenshots and brightened them so the issue is more apparent. What you’ll noticed is that the “original” video when it’s brightened just has noise. While the Apollo Fast video has grids or lines on it.

I should note this issue isn’t limited to this video. I noticed it on some other ones as well.

Zoomed out
Normal Images

Original video:

Apollo Fast Video:

Brightened Images

Original video:

Apollo Fast Video:

Zoomed in
Normal Images

Original video:

Apollo Fast Video:

Brightened Images

Original video:

Apollo Fast Video:

Yes, this is what I am seeing on my end as well. I am testing on Windows now for final confirmation, thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.