Antibodies

This started out as a sketch of a few marbles which quickly went south. It then turned into a watercolor pencil abstract which was nice but lacked punch. So I scanned it, fired up my Wacom Tablet and pushed some pixels around. “Mo betta brah!”

The title and final work was inspired by an interesting article in the New York Times about Italy using antibodies to determine who goes back to work. It’s a Brave New World.

Watercolor wash, watercolor pencils, digital brushes, TS1, three afternoons, several glasses of wine and Miles Davis.

7 Likes

I can picture this being done on a wall hanger on canvas with the 3-D oil painting that i’m seeing at retail outlets .

1 Like

I like it, but don’t let your therapist see it.

1 Like

Nicely done. I’m just “getting into” Topaz Studio 2. Perhaps you can tell me how I can use my scanned images as part of my “looks?”

1 Like

It is really straight forward. Scan it and save it to a file that you have subsequent access. I’m using a basic scanner on my HP printer which scans at 300 dpi. I wish I had something a bit better but 300 dpi is adequate especially if you are going to apply TS filters to the image down stream. Anyway, once saved out of the scanner as a .tif or .jpg, I pull it into Photoshop and apply TS filters from there. Or, you can open the file directly from TS. I use both TS1 and TS2. There are so many different options from within TS it is really a matter of just going with what looks good to you and over time, you will most likely develop your “look”. Hope this helps.

1 Like