Another Studio question

I have been trying to learn my way around Studio by trial and error. Mostly this has been successful so I decided to try to see how the legacy plugins work when called from the Studio.

First, it appears that there is no way to mask the image prior to calling the legacy plugins and have that mask have any meaning to the plugin. That is, I tried to create a mask so that only part of the image would be affected by the regular plugin that I called, but when the image came back the entire image had been affected, not only the part masked for effect. Is there any way to apply a mask in a meaningful way prior to calling a plugin? I am not talking about using ReMask, but creating a mask within the Studio.

Second, the blurb about Studio I saw on the webpage indicated that it could serve as a platform for other plugins similar to the way photoFXLab did, but I can not see any way to add 3rd party plugins to the app to be called. Am I missing something?

Thank you.

Not in the way you’re describing. I do not see this feature being added, as we’ll be migrating plugins into Studio to take advantage of all that masking power.

We have not added this support yet. Where exactly did you see this?

Not in the way you’re describing. I do not see this feature being added, as we’ll be migrating plugins into Studio to take advantage of all that masking power.

OK. I had thought it would work similar to the way photoFXLab worked, but I guess not. I will stop trying to find a way to make that masking work with the legacy plugins.

We have not added this support yet. Where exactly did you see this?

I am sure I saw that on the website description of Topaz Studio when I first got the email about it from Topaz Labs. I looked again and either it is gone or I mis-read what I saw. Sorry for the confusion.

If I find it again I will post the quote.