AI Gigapixel batch render

Is there any way to batch render a folder full of TIFF files in AI Gigapixel? I’m not seeing it, so I guess this is a feature request. Basically trying to resize an animation that I can create as a sequence of TIFF files. (Smart filter in Photoshop would also work.)

Ai GigaPixel is a standalone batch processing application…

I have 9,000 TIFF files (4K each) in a folder. Can it load the entire folder and/or will it load 9,000 files at one time?

For example if I was doing a 200% upsize I personally would do these in batches and I would start by trying 20 images first as 4K is 3840 x 2160 pixels. After that, and depending on the processing time, I may increase it to batches of 100 if it is suitable.

Also, because of the processing requirements, I would make sure I had lots of RAM, a fast SSD and a GPU with at least 4GB of dedicated vRAM.

That is a massive job and previously I have tried 200, 6000 x 4000 images but it did grind itself down and I found that batches of 20 were optimum.

The other thing is that if you put the animation together first you may be able to use an app like Resolve to upsize the animation … but the quality may not be the same as AI GigaPixel.

Thanks. but 100 or 200 at a time is a killer for 9,000, the length of the animation (has to be 3840 x 2160 as you mentioned and currently 1920 x 1080, so not a horrible increase, but I would prefer that AI just batched the whole folder - no need to put everything into RAM at once (just pull from disk and write back - no rush on this).
There are other options including Smart Filtering in PS and using On 1, but AI is the better of the bunch of Resize apps I have tried.
Suggestion box- batch an entire folder, pull from disk, write back to disk per image in the sequence. Thanks for the help.

Tried the trial for a full 30 days and love it. So I took the plunge and purchased it yesterday. It’s now upgraded to version 2.0. I don’t think I’ll regret this investment.

I only wish Topaz videos and webinars were half as good as their plug-ins…

1 Like