AI Gigapixel 4.5 issues on AMD CPU

I just updated to 4.5 on my AMD Ryzen 3700x 32 GB DDR4 memory & Nvidia 750 GTX Windows 10 Home 64 bit
After installing I was able to run the AI Gigabyte once. However subsequent attempts to run on other photos do not process.

I can open a photo however AI Gigapixel will not process the file as it appears the SAVE button is frozen. But the app is not as I can close the file and open another. But the SAVE button does not respond. I fiddled with the preferences and also tried the recommended settings. However the photo will not process. I did not have this issue with the previous version.

I’ve uninstalled and re-installed 4.5. In the app logged in & logged out of my Topaz account several timesl times.

Totally frustrated I installed 4.5 onto my second Windows 10 Home 64 bit computer. - I7-4770 32 GB DDR 3 memory and Nvidia GTX 1060GB. And it runs fine.

Both computers have the latest Nvidia drivers.

Is there an issue with AI Gigapixel 4.5 running on AMD Ryzen 7 cpus? Again the prior version ran great.
I would like to know how to resolve this issue as I want it to run on my AMD computer.

Cheers
Ken

Not having any problem with AMD here.

Application & Version: Topaz Gigapixel AI Version 4.5.0

Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0 Pro 64 bit)

Graphics Hardware: GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER/PCIe/SSE2 (GPU and OpenVino both Yes)

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 442.74

CPU RAM: 16312 MB (Ryzen 7 3700X)

Video RAM: 8192 MB (High Memory Usage Setting)

Preview Limit: 8000 Pixels

I did have to run the installer in Administrator mode, as it wouldn’t create the sub folders during the install without it.

Make sure you have selected GPU mode and that the NVIDIA GPU is selected for the application of you have dual GPUs on your system. You can use Settings, Graphics on Windows.

Sorry but I DO NOT have DUAL gpus on my AMD computer. Only one GTX 750.

However this morning after turning on my AMD computer - Gigapixel did work on a photo. So I’m please with this.

Seems to be working now as I processed a 2nd photo. Weird.

You should always try rebooting your computer as part of your troubleshooting process.

I did yesterday. Especially after uninstalling & re-installing. I just retired after spending 35 years as a computer support & file server admin. REBOOT was always one of the first things we asked our clients to do… LOL

1 Like