Adjust lighting is backwards

Using V 2.4.2 I was editing a wedding photo,

1. selected Adjust lighting for the JPG, selected Subjects
  2. Use the slider to the RIGHT + side, and the people DARKEN instead of brighten
  3. Use the slider to the LEFT - side, and the people BRIGHTEN instead of darken

Topaz Photo AI 2.4.2 Windows 11 Pro, 32 GB RAM, i7, 4070 Super video with driver 31.0.15.4665

I could not replicate this on my machine; however, I would like to get more information about how the application works for you.

Please take a screen recording of this behavior so I can see exactly what is happening.

Loom is a great free application for this: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording

Hi John. I shit you not. It works correctly after a reboot. I can’t explain it. I installed the latest rev and just started using it. That is when I discovered the reverse brightness/darkness. I posted the “bug” and during the next day, restarted the machine, received your email and ran the procedure again. Now it works correctly. No, I was not drinking!

Matt

1 Like

I had a good laugh at this reply :slight_smile: I’m glad that things are back to working for you.

If you experience any issues in the future you can reach out to us here or at the following link:

Topaz Labs | Support Page