About the Product Bugs category

(Replace this first paragraph with a brief description of your new category. This guidance will appear in the category selection area, so try to keep it below 200 characters. Until you edit this description or create topics, this category won’t appear on the categories page.)

Use the following paragraphs for a longer description, or to establish category guidelines or rules:

• Why should people use this category? What is it for?

• How exactly is this different than the other categories we already have?

• What should topics in this category generally contain?

• Do we need this category? Can we merge with another category, or subcategory?

2 Likes

Bugs in Topaz Mask AI 1.1.0 just released. Mac OS Catalina. Imac pro.

Back to old bug of not transferring back to photoshop. I just get crashes. Is this due to new Catalina expressed permissions on folders and it does not have access rights??

Was able to successfully mask in stand alone, but when I save the program is skewing the pixel ratios and I cannot bring it back to photoshop without screwed up ratios and editing tools.

Please Fix asap.

Topaz Shrpen AI causes Photoshop CC to generate an error reading"There was a problem with Generator"
Never had this before. Occurs on two different machines running Win10

Mask AI 1.2.1 - 3 crashes in 20 minutes trying to mask a horse. All with the same fault, 2 stand alone, one in Photoshop 21. Running Mac OS 10.15.4

Product is unusable like this!

Crashed Thread: 4 TImpServerThread

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason: DYLD, [0x4] Symbol missing

Dyld Error Message:
Symbol not found: ___emutls_get_address
Referenced from: /Applications/Topaz Labs LLC/*/Topaz Mask AI.app/Contents/Frameworks/./libgomp.1.dylib
Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

Full crash report sent to Apple and available if anybody wants it.

I’ve been encountering the same crash with v1.2.3 on MacOS. The interesting thing I’ve noticed is that iStat Menus shows the GPU memory peaking at the point of the crash.

My Radeon Vega 64 has 8GB of memory, but Mask AI only seems to see 2GB (Help->Graphics Info). There doesn’t seem to be any way to define how much video RAM Mask AI should be allowed to use—is it hard-coded at 25%?

If it’s hitting an artificial 2GB limit when there’s actually 8GB available, that could explain the crashes during AI/GPU calculations. Is it just miscalculating the available GPU memory?

Either way, though, there should be a more graceful way to catch memory overruns to avoid crashing and losing a lot of work. An auto-save feature would be nice, while we’re at it :wink:

Topaz Denoise 2.3.4 Post-Processing has no effect

Both the “Recover Original Details” slider and the “Color Noise Reduction” slider don’t have any effect at all with the new version. In the versions before it worked. It would be great if you could fix it.

Application & Version: Topaz DeNoise AI Version 2.3.4

Operating System: Windows 10 Version 2004

Graphics Hardware: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 456.71

CPU RAM: 16345 MB

Video RAM: 4096 MB

Preview Limit: 6024 Pixels

Topaz Video AI v3.1.0. New video produced is just a constant black screen with light static regardless of what settings are changed. Mac M1 Ultra.