About the Ideas category

Please post any ideas or feature requests for Photo AI in this category. You can create a new topic for a feature request, and have discussions about the feature request in the topics. Everyone can vote on a feature request to increase its importance.

Please try to search for your feature request before submitting a new topic, do not create multiple topics for the same feature request.

(This does not guarantee the feature will be included but it will help us determine the level of interest for various features).

Hi Preston,

Some of us have already submitted a number of product direction ideas that a lot of users (based on the number of “Likes” recorded) have resonated with.

I hope we don’t have to start from scratch re-entering all those ideas. That would be discouraging & burdensome to those who’ve taken the time to provide as clearly articulated as possible ideas for the past 8+ months in alpha, beta and public beta discussion threads (including the past two months’ Product Roadmap threads).

Could someone in product mgt/mktg at Topaz please go through those suggestion and idea oriented discussion threads (like the Dec., Jan., Feb. Roadmaps) and pls summarize what Topaz’s takeaway is from customers?

Then we can scan & see if - perhaps - our ideas were either missed (or, something else) in that summary. That’s my 1st idea. Thx!

3 Likes

Hi! We have gone and are still going through all the reports that have been posted whether in the release version, alpha, or beta threads. We’re just re-formatting some of the forum groups for better organization but we’re aware of everything that has already been brought up. Thanks as always for your feedback - very much appreciated! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi,
unfortunately, as many voting system, the first poster has to vote his own idea.
So you should remind it (or fix the posting system)

@tim.he You put my suggestion in the wrong area it belongs in PhotoAI Not VideoAI.

I like to process pictures of horses and dogs. My first try of a horse was breathtaking! After that, not so much. Many of the photos used are fuzzy to start with. Topaz Photo AI does a fantastic job of improving them. However, the faces of the horses have strange large distorted blocks. And long odd streaks by their legs. Is this fixable? Maybe an added layer feature might help to lessen the effect of whatever is causing this. Also, can a colorizer be added? Photo Glory has the best I have seen so far, but I would like an all in one for Topaz. I think a lot of people who love animals would like an AI feature just for them.

Are you using Photo AI 1.5.3? Or, one of the recent releases?

If yes, can you gather a few of your horse photos that are misbehaving, then go to the discussion thread for PAI 1.5.3 (or whichever product has the issue). At the top of the thread, where they list the changelog, they include a Dropbox link. Upload those representative horse images & point them to your comments above.

They might be able to use the images to train the AI.

If it was me, I’d send an assortment of pics of horses trotting, galloping, jumping, standing. For the system to learn how horses mouths, eyes, ears, tails, hooves, etc look during those activities… I used to shoot horses for photojournalism assignments so know they look differently in different situations.

Good luck.

Thanks! I appreciate your suggestions. I was using an earlier version of Photo AI. Must have updated to one that misbehaves. Am installing 1.5.3 now. I can furnish Topaz with a lot of Arabian horse pictures. Those taken at Crabbet way way back in the day turn out very well. Pictures taken at Janow in Poland also turn out really good. But later in the US, not so much. Plus everyone is compressing their pictures for the web. Turns out so fuzzy. Topaz would giving us the best gift if they could fix these. Thanks again for the help.

1 Like

Not a specific idea, but a request about vote limits.

I’ve voted on ideas for which I have an opinion. I’m now limited - I can’t vote for a new idea unless I withdraw my vote on a prior idea. Could we increase (preferably abolish) the limit?

I don’t vote unless I have at least a moderately strong opinion on the idea presented. I dislike having to remove my considered votes to place a new one. Thanks!

1 Like