5.1 audio in Video Enhance AI

No, it’s a non issue for you. You don’t speak for everyone. MKVToolNix can only remux one video at a time. Doing a video here and there is no problem. Going through a workload with several hundreds of videos and having to remux audio, one at a time, is a valid issue that’s worth attention.

2 Likes

exactly. AI should offer a “one klick solution”. I don’t want to use a program. Then another program. Then ANOTHER program and so on…

I just want the video processed - and the audio 1:1 copied. Done.

3 Likes

I would rather have all efforts put into just dealing with video for this product. Adding back the audio is effortless, compared to waiting a day to render 2.5 hours of video.

Yeah, I don’t want this product “dealing” with audio either. Yet it is currently doing exactly that by encoding to AAC at 96 kbps stereo. It simply needs to be left alone and directly copied over.

Also, workflows involving hundreds of videos in a batch process and then having to remux audio one at a time is a far different issue and is just as valid of a concern and request as yours is.

3 Likes

If you want to batch process many files, use the command line version: MKVMerge and a parameterized batch file.

Multiplexing is an almost entirely I/O bound process. I can multiplex 18 hours of 4k video and 5.1 audio in less than 2 minutes if the files are on my NVME drive. It takes about 10 minutes on a SATA SSD, about 40 minutes on a hard drive.

Given the bugs and other issues in VEAI, audio preservation is low on my priority list.

1 Like

I have never understood this wish to drag audio tracks across conversion steps. Personally, I never do. I take, say, a blu-ray, demux audio and video, the only process the video (vapoursynth and/or VEAI), then knit everything together afterwards. Dragging audio across various stages is only asking for trouble.

For one video file, sure, that’s not a problem at all. Now do that for hundreds of video files in a batch. That manual process of “knitting” everything together afterwards, one at a time, is a total workflow killer and absolutely unnecessary. There is zero reason the option could not be implemented and left to the user to decide if they want to use it. Everybody’s happy. Why is there any argument against user choice?

1 Like